IGNORED

**SOLD OUT** doubledown's ColecoVision Custom Zaxxon Controller - Spectravideo SV-103 - Pre-Order

doubledown

**OFFICIAL ZAXXON CONTROLLER PRE-ORDER**

So I started a thread in the ColecoVision forums about needing to get rid of some stuff and decided to make more custom ColecoVision controllers as I have done previously.  I got the idea for a Zaxxon controller using the Spectravideo SV-103 pistol grip controller as a donor, to mimic the feel of the arcade cabinet.  As of now I have 6 of these controllers in hand and am accepting pre-orders for a maximum run of 6.  That's not to say I can't/won't make more at a later date, but for now I'm looking to sell some stuff not buy more, at least until I've freed up some space.  

So here are the details of this custom controller:

Spectravideo SV-103 Joystick Controller

--controller cleaned and refurbished

--top half of base is dyed silver, matching the control panel overlay of the Zaxxon arcade cabinet

--both sets of buttons dyed red, matching the fire buttons of the Zaxxon arcade cabinet

--custom underlay permanently attached to keypad (overlays still usable) colored blue (matching P1/P2 buttons on Zaxxon arcade cabinet) with silver numbers in a Zaxxon font with the SEGA logo as the "*" key

--custom marquee artwork reproduction label attached to the rear face of the controller base

--**includes custom instruction manual styled after original joystick manual, updated for this special Zaxxon version

As these controllers were manufactured in significantly fewer quantities versus the standard ColecoVision hand controllers I'm asking $85.00 per controller, plus $7.50 shipping via USPS Priority Mail within the U.S.  International shipping is available, just note shipping will obviously cost a bit more.  

So this is the official thread to pre-order 1 of these controllers if you're interested.  Initially I'm limiting the purchase to 1 per member, unless there aren't 6 people who want one, then at which case if somebody wants more than 1, they would be available, again to a maximum run of 6.  I'll be asking for a $10 deposit (via PayPal, as gift payment) to secure your interest, which will be asked for once we have the 6 accounted for.  So if you're interested please reply to this thread and send me a PM (note quantity in PM if you would like more than 1, if available).  

These will be available on a first come, first serve basis!

K3upsI.jpg

r6Aeh0.jpg

Gb73Fd.jpg

r1v4uo.jpg

Edited by doubledown
  • Like 3

Thanks so much guys for the interest.  As of now all (6) controllers are spoken for and I have sent PMs to the first 6 who responded.  As far as a progress update:

As of now all of the controllers have been refurbished, the grip buttons have been dyed, the base upper half has been dyed and all of the artwork has been printed/laminated/trimmed.  I still have to dye the base buttons, apply the keypad underlays, assemble the controllers, apply the marquee, and final testing, so I should have them done by this weekend at the latest.  

Progress update:

OO8Lqh.jpg

Sprayed the final coat of dye to the base buttons, and applied the keypad underlays and marquees.  I also got the manuals printed, folded and bagged.  I'll let the dye dry overnight and should be able to assemble the remaining 5 controllers tomorrow night and test.