IGNORED

Custom Titles and New Games

toddtmw

55 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Is that going to get the attention of A8 developers?

Sure, I'd love to get the attention of Atari 8-bit developers here so they can add their games, but first I want to make some functional to it to better serve how we'll be using it on AtariAge (as a large repository of binaries for old consoles and computers).  The skin also needs some minor tweaks.  Right now I'm opening it up to developers who want to start adding their games.  Getting a decent amount of games and other software in there will help expose any shortcomings that I can address before opening it up to the masses.

Any 8-bit developers who'd like their games added are welcome to contact me privately and I can give them immediate access. :)

I'd like to know what additional fields might be useful for the 8-bit section(s) in the Downloads section.  For the Atari 2600, for instance, I have:

Television Formats: NTSC, PAL, PAL60, SECAM (multiple selection checkbox)

Controller Support: Joystick, Paddles, Driving Controllers, Keypad Controller, Genesis Controllers (multiple selection checkbox)

I'm sure there are fields that would be unique to the Atari 8-bit, such as which computers the software will run on, amount of RAM required, etc.  If those can be identified, I can add them right away.

..Al

43 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

I would think we would want to be able to filter on platform? I am less interested (for example) in custom 2600 software than I am in custom 8-bit software...

Yes, that's how it's organized by default, you'd be browsing by platform.  So all the Atari 8-bit Computer files would be grouped together.  There can be subcategories below that, though (games, utilities, development, productivity, etc., if we wanted to do that).

..Al