IGNORED

Atari Jaguar fan site frozen in time since 2000

sirlynxalot

On 8/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, sirlynxalot said:

UG: How many bits is the Jaguar 2?
ST: It's a 64-bit system. Just much faster, more use of the 64-bit architecture, runs on a higher
quad speed. Has much more impressive 3-D stuff going on. Beyond Playstation, beyond Jaguar 
today, beyond Saturn today. Just a better system. Using Point-five Micron technology.

Sounds like Buck Swope describing the TK-421 upgrade that he personally installs in his stereo systems.  If you want that bass, you need the TK-421.  It kicks it up a couple quads per channel, but that's technical talk.

• 1 year later...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading this thread - I'm happy to say that I'm the creator of Jaguar's Realm. This was the first website I ever made. So much nostalgia here! What a time capsule. Should I build a 21st century version of this site!? I think I will just because. I'm so happy you gusy stumbled on this. So many great memories.

About me. Not that any of you asked..

I still work on websites. I designed and am the editor of www.fiatleak.com for all you cryptocurrency lovers. It's a very popular site in the crypto community

I also produce a lot of music. My artist moniker is 'FANGS' www.fangsmusic.com - I've also scored and produced theme songs for TV such as the reality TV show Temptation Island.

I can never shake my obsession with the Atari Jaguar. Thrilled that the community is still going strong!

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, JagCat64 said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading this thread - I'm happy to say that I'm the creator of Jaguar's Realm. This was the first website I ever made. So much nostalgia here! What a time capsule. Should I build a 21st century version of this site!? I think I will just because. I'm so happy you gusy stumbled on this. So many great memories.

I still work on websites. I designed and am the editor of www.fiatleak.com for all you cryptocurrency lovers. It's a very popular site in the crypto community

I also produce a lot of music. My artist moniker is 'FANGS' www.fangsmusic.com - I've also scored and produced theme songs for TV such as the reality TV show Temptation Island.

I can never shake my obsession with the Atari Jaguar. Thrilled that the community is still going strong!

Dude! Super cool to see you're still alive and hopefully well, it's been too long! I'll never forget the magazine you had started on as a concept for the Jag, you still have any of those?

Welcome back JagCat64. Not sure if you've been out of the loop on the jag scene until recently, but there's tons of interesting stuff going on.  Original indie produced games, ports of games from the Atari ST library, replica 6 button pro controllers produced in the last two years, heck people are even trying to re-create the motherboard of the jag-duo based on specs that surfaced on that machine in the last few years.  This is definitely an enthusiastic community.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

Welcome back JagCat64. Not sure if you've been out of the loop on the jag scene until recently, but there's tons of interesting stuff going on.  Original indie produced games, ports of games from the Atari ST library, replica 6 button pro controllers produced in the last two years, heck people are even trying to re-create the motherboard of the jag-duo based on specs that surfaced on that machine in the last few years.  This is definitely an enthusiastic community.

Yes, I've been doing some serious catch up and am so happy to see all the development. It's really something! From RetroHQ's Game Drive , to the homebrews and ST ports, the pro controller replica - it's all really fascinating. I'd really LOVE to see a new game that pushes the Jaguar to its absolute limits. A bucket list (possible pipe dream) of mine would be to raise and fund development of a game that realizes the Atari Jaguar's absolute potential. But this is for another topic/discussion.  None-the-less, it is great to be back!

2 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I'm kinda partial to the original. Any way you could get it back up and running with a massive update after 20 years? :)

Sure - do you mean like keep the esthetics and overall feel of it just have the site more responsive to current resolutions and mobile devices? I'm so up for the challenge.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, JagCat64 said:

Sure - do you mean like keep the esthetics and overall feel of it just have the site more responsive to current resolutions and mobile devices? I'm so up for the challenge.

Yes, exactly. The nostalgia factor is high and the look/feel you just don't see a lot of anymore. To me, it'd be priceless :)

I'd have made similar long ago as an homage to the Windows 98 era but wouldn't know where to start.

On 12/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, JagCat64 said:

And it is now The Old-Site of the Day: https://websitering.neocities.org/12-2020.htm

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, It's me - Danny, the guy who started this site in topic. I wanted to reach out to the Atari community. I made a new site called 'Cobra Helix'. You can check it out at cobrahelix.com. It's a video game site where players earn millix ( a type of digital currency) for playing games. I'm a board member at the millix foundation (millix.org). I've been building a handful of products that are 'powered by millix'. I can go into the tech, but that's not what this forum is about. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you know of some game devs that make HTML5 / browser based video games inspired by the golden age of video games.

I am looking to add a bunch more video games and give players more opportunity to earn. As of now, i have 3 open-source games up that i edited to allow users to earn. I have a couple more in the works - but would love to add more. Let me know!

Edited by JagCat64

Boo digital currency boo. I do not feel like that needs to be integrated with the Jaguar or retro game scene. 😜 

As for doom gg, I suspect it might have something to do with this old project (doom engine group game) from back in the day, which to my memory, did not take off.  I love Carl's enthusiasm!  http://songbird-productions.com/jagdomain/grpgame.html

Edited by sirlynxalot

I respect what you feel. The digital currency detail isn't the focus of my inquiry - I was wondering if this community could point me to any game developers that can develop HTML5 / browser-based games. I love the retro community and the style of games we grew up with; which is why I thought this would be a place to pose my question.

Anyway, yeah it was songbird prod. re: doom gg

• Like 1