IGNORED

SDrive Max ATR

toddtmw

Hi. Now that I have my SDM working, and I am using it...

Is there something I can do to get it to display the contents of the directories alphabetically? I mean, they have this great feature to jump to a letter, (shift+<letter>) but if it is not alphabetical, that isn't as useful.

Also, it would be great if it could filter out the stupid files that macs put on windows disks... (I'm installing a mac utility to address it, but it would be nice if the Atari menu program could do it.)

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Hi. Now that I have my SDM working, and I am using it...

Is there something I can do to get it to display the contents of the directories alphabetically? I mean, they have this great feature to jump to a letter, (shift+<letter>) but if it is not alphabetical, that isn't as useful.

Also, it would be great if it could filter out the stupid files that macs put on windows disks... (I'm installing a mac utility to address it, but it would be nice if the Atari menu program could do it.)

Thanks.

Sounds like you’re already using Dot_Clean or something similar to get rid of those stupid files. :)  But yeah it would be nice the Arduino file interface just ignored them.

As for file sorting, again that would be a nice feature but the issue is pretty common on lots of devices. That’s why little utilities like DriveSort are so ubiquitous. I use it almost as a matter of habit every time I add files or a new directory to my cards. 

• Like 1

@toddtmw,

I downloaded fatsort from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fatsort/files/ and compiled it for macOS. That way, the files are all sorted the way that Sdrive Max (SDM) expects them. Drivesort didn't interest me because it doesn't work under Wine and I didn't want to start up my VMWare VM simply to resort files on an SD card for my 8-bit.

While it was nice that the Ultimate Cart hardware does the sorting and suppression of hidden (dot) files automatically, I don't expect developers to work with the Mac or Unix differences. Therefore, I just wrote a quick script that runs fatsort and removes the dot files. I run this script prior to ejecting the micro SD card to put into my SDM. I just got used to doing this because the SIO2SD device has the identical limitations.

@DrVenkman,

Thanks for referring to dot_clean. I was removing the files manually in my script. This will be a much cleaner way of dealing with the problem.

Bob C

• Like 1