IGNORED

Interact Model One software

I saw another thread on here about repairing an Interact Model One computer. I am also repairing one of mine. I purchased one online and it came with a parts machine (missing all socketed chips) and a Reversi cassette. 

I decided to repair the parts machine by installing new chips, replacing the missing resistors and capacitors from the RF section and part of the cassette section. I also had to find a replacement transformer for this, as the original was missing!

I have the Model One booting and I think I found the original problem: An open trace on the cassette amplifier circuit. 

I can now load Reversi, but I have a problem when the controller input is selected. I want to load different software to further diagnose this, but I can't find any.

I have found the TOSEC archive, but I can't find any way to convert the .cin files to .wav files for loading with a laptop and audacity.

Does anyone here know where I can find tape images in .wav format, or convert the .cin files to .wav?

Boy did you picked a rare machine to play with, and one of the few personal computers to use the 8080!
I ran across a site supporting the Interact that might still be around, but I don't have a link.
The design was sold to a French company that continued development of the machine.
Changes included a real keyboard, and later models even switched to a 5MHz Z80.
You might try looking for a site that support the French version.
Try searching for Victor Lambda, and Hector computers.

I am now thinking the ua9708 A to D converter I ordered from a china seller on ebay is probably a fake (relabeled).

I would still like to get some .wav files of original software to show off the computer

Edited by infinite
Added text
  • Sad 1

Confirmed! I replaced the ua9708 with one I purchased from LittleDiode and the controller fire buttons now work and the analog bars now show up in the joystick section of the diagnostics software.

Always beware of ICs sold on ebay and other similar sites from china sellers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...