IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 14 - Super Pac-man

DamonicFury

Welcome to round fourteen of this 5200 HSC season!   Super Pac-man won the poll by a single vote.  Play using the default settings. 
Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current record was set by Chris-in-NJ - 150,590 points.  Bust it if you can for a bonus point.

The ROM can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=778

Round ends Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @9pm EST

Standings:

Nuclear Pacman - 254,840 - RECORD BREAKER!

Cafeman - 52,800

S.BAZ - 46,150

eegt97 - 42,870

roadrunner - 25,090

Mangia-Boy - 15,590

jblenkle - 11,960

bemis - 4,350

SuperPac1.JPG

Not sure why this game wasn't declared complete and released. The AI does seem weird, maybe it needed work in that department. The ghosts will tend to hover around certain areas on their own, sometimes they just won't hunt you down. Also, they don't necessarily turn around when you eat a power pellet, although it's been long while since I bothered with the arcade version to compare.

• Like 1

Good games. 

Super Pac-Man itself has never been real popular. I guess I never realized just how much work this version still needs. I was always really good at the Arcade version too, so I never put it together that there was something majorly wrong with this proto. 

I've got the bonus stages down to a science though, I can finish a perfect run with 7900 bonus points. I have not been able to figure out a better pattern for it, and it's the same pattern to use in the Arcade game. I could have scored a bunch more, but I didn't feel like my score was in jeopardy this time. You guys really seem to hate this game lol.

Final standings:

Nuclear Pacman - 254,840 - RECORD BREAKER!  11 +1 = 12

eegt97 - 58,190  - 10

Cafeman - 52,800  -  9

S.BAZ - 46,150  - 8

roadrunner - 25,090  - 7

Mangia-Boy - 15,590  - 6

jblenkle - 11,960  - 5

bemis - 4,350  - 4

Congratulations to Nuclear Pacman for donning his cape and swallowing the most fruits, energizers, and ghosts!  (fwiw, I also like this port... certainly much better than the C64 version I tried recently.)

Hope to see you all back to try Buck Rogers, coming up next.