MemberAtarian

Abyss of Chernobyl (Atari 2600 homebrew)

Posted (edited)

My new game is under development. :) This took 3 days and a lot of stroke to create.
The game will contain 4 mini-games with one specific scene of to series. As you can see, it has the song Sound of Silence and a wave sample of comrade Dyatlov.

Added first game and you can try it! You have to decrase the nuclear fire by releasing graphite on it! If you fly to close or touch the ground, you die! After 500 points, you get an extra life.

Abyss0.19NTSC.bas.bin

Edited by MemberAtarian
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, easmith said:

Second song . 

Also , where are final versions of your games? 

This one is definately in the early stage. :D Unfortunately, there is no physical release yet, only ROMS. They can be found in their own topics in the homebrew discussion.

Releases for AtariAge: Plague
Releases for Retronics: Apollyon, BeeWare, Fear of the Dark, Choplifter!, Dystopia, Death Match, Silver Bride (music cartridge)

Edited by MemberAtarian
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have worked nearly two days creating that damn scoretable on the bottom, its horrible to do the timing on the VCS. Anyway, as you can see, the chopter is a flickered P0, I tried to make the movement physics as realistic as it could be. You will swing a rope with a create of boron, so you can drop it on the burning reactor.

Edited by MemberAtarian
YT link did not work
  • Like 2

Another little improvement. I added the rope and the cargo, it's movement depends on how you drive, and sometimes a little drop of boron falls.

In the game, one some levels (Hellsgate, Suicide Squad, 90 Seconds) you will listen to drone permanently to give a disturbing atmosphere, of course you will be able to turn it off with the left difficulty switch. There will be a sound effect telling you how close you high the radiation level is, I will add it later.

Yeah. I done stage game 2 before game 1! You have to decrase the nuclear fire by releasing graphite on it! If you fly to close or touch the ground, you die! After 500 points, you get an extra life.

Abyss0.19NTSC.bas.bin

I wrote a new minikernel that will be used in Chernobyl's "Suicide Mission" game, also in my PyTari compiler.

You can create a 16x8 pixels icon that can be changed on fly and have a 31 pixels long indicator bar.

I made this a flashlight bar, it depletes battery, but restores itself if not used.

We'll be featuring Abyss of Chernobyl LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Deimos Lander (2017 WIP) by jbanes
- Abyss of Chernobyl (2019 WIP) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian
- Beast (2019 WIP) by Dylldophlo
- Boulder Dash (2012) by Andrew Davie & Thomas Jentzsch

EDIT: Archive Video of Stream

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew