IGNORED

Atari 5200 Wico keypad not working

Tidus79001

I have an Atari 5200 Wico keypad that isn't responding.  Been this way for a long time (not sure how it happened as it was always gently used).  Is there anyone here on these forums that does repair jobs for a fee?  I would do it myself but I am not very experienced components repair and would rather not risk making it unrepairable by my own hand if there is some chance it can be repaired properly.

I had one that didn't work. It was a combination of a few things.

The first main issue was that there were several breaks in the actual controller cord itself internally. I was never quite able to find where they were so I just used the cable from a parts 5200 controller that still had a good cable. That at least got the keypad responding again. I also ended up having to really clean out and refurbish the start and reset buttons on my keypad controller as well. Nothing major just take the switches out and apart and clean them up well with electrical contact cleaner and alcohol. I now use it with my 5200 redemption adapter I purchased from another AA member not that long ago along with a 3 button genesis controller. For any games where the analog really controls better, I use a stock 5200 controllers. However, Missile Command, Centipede and Xari Arena can really only be enjoyed with a trak-ball controller.