IGNORED

Intellivision White Label Variants

10 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

*Ahem* ...

Word-Fun-II.jpg

Now this one is worth bidding on.   $bou-coo$ bucks.

Where oh where did you find this. I have the manual and overlays but (just a minute I need to stop drooling on my fingers so I can type) this is great!

That looks like the USA version under the white. I can't see any of the Hong Kong in the upper right corner.

Edit:  I don't have those overlays, mine have the copyright line.

Edited by Humblejack

2 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Rivers of hormones flowing in the cyberspace for a white label Word Fun. I watched Cmart's gaze glitter in the dark as he holds his Mastercard. All those moments will remain forever on AtariAge.

Let the dove fly...just let it fly!

• Like 1

First were the variants of the boxes,

then the variants of the cartridges (screws, insert lines, ecc.),

then the variants with the part number on the top,

then the various versions (German, Canadian, etc.),

then the variants of the ROMs,

then the painted label

and now these, the white labels...

I will never end ... What a wonderful world that of our Intellivision! :) :) :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Rivers of hormones flowing in the cyberspace for a white label Word Fun. I watched Cmart's gaze glitter in the dark as he holds his Mastercard. All those moments will remain forever on AtariAge.

Not me.  I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for a double white labeled cart.  They're fun to collect, but not really valuable IMO.  Trades, on the other hand..... I've done things ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Not me.  I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for a double white labeled cart.  They're fun to collect, but not really valuable IMO.  Trades, on the other hand..... I've done things ?

But white label Word Fun is not listed on INTVFunhouse, so double label or not, a rarity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

But white label Word Fun is not listed on INTVFunhouse, so double label or not, a rarity.

Good point, assuming it's not fake.

My hesitance to pony up for double labeled games is because I'm afraid people would just start affixing white labels atop Mattel labels and listing them on eBay for $50.  No thanks.  I'm guessing they'd be easy enough to spot, but I started collecting these as a low cost, fun to hunt subset.  The moment they get labeled as valuable rare variants, I'll quickly loose interest.

• Haha 2

Well now that I have thoroughly disappointed Jason as much as he has every woman in his life...  It's a Photoshop job everyone! I know, I'm evil incarnate ?

This is actually a double label MATH Fun cart with a little digital magic added. The overlays are standard Word Fun issues with the copyright as well. The only piece of the pic that is authentic is the I.I. Word Fun manual which still has the fold lines from being in a baggie. It came with a regular HK cart and the overlays seen in the fake picture above (WITH the copyright lines). As far as anyone has seen, there are no white or double label Word Fun carts nor are there any non-copyright overlays.

Below are the original items, unedited. Before anyone asks, I will not be making any carts like this as I don't want anyone to get scammed. Editing pics for a laugh is one thing but making fakes that aren't labeled as reproductions is a line I won't cross.

...unless it gets Rev to finally stop sending nudes!!! ?

IMG_20200711_173843.jpg

Edited by the1hatman
Autocorrect sucks!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2