IGNORED

FIXED: RESET repeats in FORTI-2 interface

FarmerPotato

14 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Usually I say to myself, " I think it's going to get worse", and it does. I remember telling myself, I do that a lot cause no one else understands, when I repaired a bad board on a beautiful Panasonic stereo "this is the last time I can do this to this board, it's now or NEVER BOARD!!! And that seems to help, that amp section still kicks!!!. Sharpen that solder tip, and go for it!!

I ruined a PS4 by peeling up some pads on the HDMI port.

• Like 1

Oooohhhh!! My son would have a hernia...ok, last count! I've got 5 e/a chips. 2 are 32K super carts, one is back in an e/a cart BUT in a DIP.  And another (good) but in a failed sc board -(pads,traces shot). And one coming in the mail. I'd just rather see these in a 8 or 32k mem case.

And I still need to know which files I need in my USB stick for my Gotek. 

It's only display is F02-F00

Edited by GDMike

15 hours ago, GDMike said:

Well I've decided...my Supercart project in assy is almost complete..so now I'll write it in Forth. I wanna make an editor that takes advantage of SAMs AND use 32k cart.

Me too!.

After my vacation I will be digging in.  We should be able to make something that can compile on TF and CF.

• Thanks 1

I started a program in TF, I call Forth Essentials disk. It basically loads up SAMs support that Willsy and Lee collaborated on along with sound support. It's basically something ya wanna probably build upon, hopefully build RS232 support, and anything else we can conjour up that makes a great platform for A developer. My opinion..

Oh I got 2 disks working on my Gotek!!

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 11:19 PM, GDMike said:

I started a program in TF, I call Forth Essentials disk. It basically loads up SAMs support that Willsy and Lee collaborated on along with sound support. It's basically something ya wanna probably build upon, hopefully build RS232 support, and anything else we can conjour up that makes a great platform for A developer. My opinion..

Oh I got 2 disks working on my Gotek!!

So do you mean a Forth BLOCK editor or a Text file editor?

A block editor could use SAMS memory by re-writing the block buffer code to create the buffers in SAMS space and use the block no. to compute the correct SAMS page to select.

There would be a lot of space wasted but it would be about as fast as it is now only with many many more buffers.

I think if you re-wrote BUFFER and BLOCK  to select SAMS pages it might work with the existing TF editor but you would have to re-compile the editor.  (thinkin' out loud)

The slowest part would be when you type UPDATE and all those buffers have to write back to disk. ?

I need a resident text file editor, which is a little bigger project but doable. I just gotta do it.

By the way, did you do the title screen with "FORTH Essentials" on it? ( I am stuck in 1984 with 2 floppy drives and a CRT monitor)

• Like 1