IGNORED

Atari Flashback X (10) spotted on Instagram?

8 minutes ago, Forrest said:

You can build your own wired paddles that work with the FB9 Gold. A pair of 10K potentiometers is required. Discussion thread

At the end of this thread, I posted by comments and pictures of my wired paddles.

Is there a way to make an adapter to do that? It would seem there will be a pretty good market for such a thing.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, BeamRider said:

(Long time lurker... First time poster!)

Saw this in Atgame's Instagram "story" post last night and grabbed a screenshot.

Instagram account name is "atgamesdigitalmedia". Click on their on their profile pic to see the story yourself.

Stories expire after 24 hours but it's still there as of 7/25/19 11am Central.

Image (1).png

Image (1) - Edited (1).png

Another teaser pic on Instagram! ?

A41D1647-61A7-4247-8DF9-5180BA063793.png

• Like 1

True ... I have the 9 (with extra ROMs added) and love it.

Just wish it could play some of the latest home brews :( but the emulator is too basic / old.

No SD for the 10 (X) I hear ... guessing it’ll be too much competition for the new 2020 VCS’s retro streaming service (??!).

Maybe the X is Wifi enabled ? ... and can upload games that way ... maybe I’m an optimist and a dreamer!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dr. Ferro said:

So much better looking than the previous ones, it's adorable!!! And thusly equally disappointing that it doesn't come with the prior model's SD card slot. I wish last year they had done the cosmetic improvements, and this year was the SD slot.

There *may* be a way to use a Y adapter and a USB stick or card adapter to accomplish the same thing. I'm still waiting to hear back about the results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It always seems there's some fatal flaw with these rigs each year that's almost designed to ensure they don't have any long lasting benefit so they can keep selling new versions to the same people. What on Earth is the mystery to giving peeps what they want, fully functional controls, paddles and the ability to add more games?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JBerel said:

It always seems there's some fatal flaw with these rigs each year that's almost designed to ensure they don't have any long lasting benefit so they can keep selling new versions to the same people. What on Earth is the mystery to giving peeps what they want, fully functional controls, paddles and the ability to add more games?

You have to give into the demands of the licensors and retailers in terms of features that can and cannot be included.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HowdyThere said:

Handheld Atari (with SD card reader) on pre-order ... not sure if this is AtGames??!

Atari Pac-Man Retro Handheld Console (Electronic Games) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XTRPSRN/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_ytFNDbH6X8PK0

This is Blaze handheld that was released previously.  Looks like they have thrown in some 7800 games, too.

34 minutes ago, Hwlngmad said:

This is Blaze handheld that was released previously.  Looks like they have thrown in some 7800 games, too.

Ah ... okay, puts the pressure on AtGames to include an SD slot (probably Flashback XI now ?) ... reading reviews of the current Atari Blaze highlights that the controls aren’t great and the screen is too small. Soooo ... I guess I’m still looking for the ‘perfect’ 21st Century version of the 2600 ?

On 10/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

There *may* be a way to use a Y adapter and a USB stick or card adapter to accomplish the same thing. I'm still waiting to hear back about the results.

All it takes are a few fans with the necessary skills (like Brad is doing on the FB 9) to crack it. 

I just realized there's no controller ports on the front of this?  So this is wireless only? 

38 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

All it takes are a few fans with the necessary skills (like Brad is doing on the FB 9) to crack it. 

I just realized there's no controller ports on the front of this?  So this is wireless only? 

It's wired. Controller ports are on the back. Certain types of Y cables do appear to work, but there still is some work to be done on actual support.

22 hours ago, HowdyThere said:

Ah ... okay, puts the pressure on AtGames to include an SD slot (probably Flashback XI now ?) ... reading reviews of the current Atari Blaze highlights that the controls aren’t great and the screen is too small. Soooo ... I guess I’m still looking for the ‘perfect’ 21st Century version of the 2600 ?

I am afraid so.  Although, I would see what the newest AtGames handheld has in store.  I have the (most) recent version with a loaded up SD card and it has practically every game you could hope to have on save a few notable exceptions.  Still, I would wait and see and then go from there.

• Thanks 1

I don't want to spam too many threads with this, but for those with the skills, this is a hack to make standard paddles work with the Atari Flashback 9 (HDMI only) series should that be something you want to do. Standard paddles will be released soon for original Atari paddle-compatible systems and the Flashback 2 - 8, and X.

Hardware Mod to Support Standard Paddles on Atari Flashback 9 and 9 Gold:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I don't want to spam too many threads with this, but for those with the skills, this is a hack to make standard paddles work with the Atari Flashback 9 (HDMI only) series should that be something you want to do. Standard paddles will be released soon for original Atari paddle-compatible systems and the Flashback 2 - 8, and X.

Hardware Mod to Support Standard Paddles on Atari Flashback 9 and 9 Gold:

Interesting mod, thanks.  Supports my assumptions.

And yes, please do share about adding games to FB X.