IGNORED

Atari Flashback X (10) spotted on Instagram?

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

Yep! Still works :) 

Great! I'll have to do some thinking about how I would incorporate something like this into a faux cart. Sucks for the end label.

Maybe I could do something like yours and set the faux cart up as removable over it.

21 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

what if you put the flash drive inside the 3d printed faux cart, (harmony cart?) 

then you could hide it all and have the end label on the 'cart'.

Set it up like PMP, then make the faux cart like one of those novelty flash drives. That would be cool. I would need a small flash drive and I'm not sure I have the tools to alter the faux cart, but probably.

https://www.engadget.com/2010-01-25-we-heart-these-usb-drives-made-from-gba-carts.html

The plug would go on the bottom edge, of course.

yep. I have access to a filament and a resin printer, and the guy has limited model making/modding skills. we could it make it happen.

have to find one of those tiny low profile flashdrives. I would be tempted to just hide everything inside the afbx, no faux carts at all.

although, making separate flashdrives, like one for comercial and one for homebrew would cut the bootup time in half and easier to navigate a smaller menu screen.

man, lots of ideas.

10 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

yep. I have access to a filament and a resin printer, and the guy has limited model making/modding skills. we could it make it happen.

have to find one of those tiny low profile flashdrives. I would be tempted to just hide everything inside the afbx, no faux carts at all.

although, making separate flashdrives, like one for comercial and one for homebrew would cut the bootup time in half and easier to navigate a smaller menu screen.

man, lots of ideas.

You could stuff the whole thing in the AFBX, but you'd have to open it up every time to add a new homebrew. I don't even think WiFi SD cards would go through the plastic.