IGNORED

My new book: ColecoVision Games Guide

nanochess

Hi all.

My new book ColecoVision Games Guide is now available! :) with reviews, screenshots, and trivia of every game made during the ColecoVision's commercial availability.

I'm particularly proud of having scanned each box in my collection for this book. Wasn't an easy task to write a review for each game.

Foreword contributed graciously by Jennell Jaquays. Special thanks to mthompson and Ikrananka for doing proofreading and facts revision.

B&W edition:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/oscar-toledo-gutierrez/colecovision-games-guide/paperback/product-24179477.html

Color edition:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/oscar-toledo-gutierrez/colecovision-games-guide-color-edition/paperback/product-24179549.html

Preview:

https://books.google.com.mx/books?id=b9OmDwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=onepage&q&f=false

20190725_132842.jpg

20190725_132757.jpg

20191111_160228.jpg

20191111_160353.jpg

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, Shawn said:

How much for the cheapest shipping to Canada for one book?

You need to check in the Lulu site, add to your car and then try to order. Use the ONESHIP coupon (only today) for free mail surface shipping.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nanochess said:

You need to check in the Lulu site, add to your car and then try to order. Use the ONESHIP coupon (only today) for free mail surface shipping.

Just ordered. Thanks for authoring such a cool book. Can't wait to read it :)

• Like 1

Also, will a version with color screenshots / color in general be made available?

One nitpick, I do not know why it was necessary to head each page with the title and copyright message. That makes the book look unprofessional, and wastes space which could have been better used. How many other books do you know that do this??!! 

Edited by zyzzle

20 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Yes, is a hardcover version available? The permanence of hard vs softcover is obvious. Please consider a hardcover version.

This book looks fabulous, and a treasure like it should be available in hardcover.

I wanted to keep it economical. The hard-cover adds 10 dollars to price or so.

18 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Also, will a version with color screenshots / color in general be made available?

One nitpick, I do not know why it was necessary to head each page with the title and copyright message. That makes the book look unprofessional, and wastes space which could have been better used. How many other books do you know that do this??!! 

I'm doing a test print of a color version, but the price rises sharply. I'll put info there if I'm satisfied with the result. I did the header that way because it has been a lot of work to write each review, besides I think the font is small enough.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nanochess said:

I wanted to keep it economical. The hard-cover adds 10 dollars to price or so.

I'm doing a test print of a color version, but the price rises sharply. I'll put info there if I'm satisfied with the result. I did the header that way because it has been a lot of work to write each review, besides I think the font is small enough.

Fair enough, I'm not trying to minimize your work in any way, I'm so grateful for this book. The color can be tricky. For differences in quality in different publishers, I direct you to http://fabiensanglard.net/gebb/ particularly the HARDCOVER AND HIGH QUALITY PAPER VERSION where he compared in fine detail the color reproduction quality of various self-publishing entities. I was *shocked* that there is so much variation, and NOT in a good way. Good luck, and please let us know what you decide on.

I know that, personally, I'd rather pay $30 to $35 for a high-quality color offset printined hard-cover version than $17 for a black-and-white paperback version, but yes, you'll probably sell more at the $17 than at $35.

• Like 2

I've got notice the color editions have been shipping. I'm pretty anxious to see them to check the quality :)

For all the people supporting me, thanks! Please feel free to put here your pictures of the book as you receive it!

Guys, I need to say that I'm deeply and utterly impressed by the quality of the color print of Lulu. It looks like offset even if it's print-on-demand.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/oscar-toledo-gutierrez/colecovision-games-guide-color-edition/paperback/product-24179549.html

As I said before, the price rises sharply, but the quality certainly is worth it. Here are some pictures of it, courtesy of my brother.

42490768108601814f34e5972c462385.0.jpg

943a2d82a6f139818a17a6cf88330d72.0.jpg

50ca64ae49d82bd44655f5f9767df918.0.jpg

4b03262c49c600d8b04c3ae78cd7df84.0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1