IGNORED

My new book: ColecoVision Games Guide

nanochess

On 7/29/2019 at 4:56 PM, Pixelboy said:

How many color versions did you have printed?

On 7/31/2019 at 11:04 AM, youki said:

I think the site Lulu  prints on demand.  When you place an order , it prints and send to you.

Yep, Youki is right, it's print-on-demand. If nobody wants a color edition, then Lulu doesn't print.

But I prefer to say that a few copies are remaining so people hurries up to buy some books ?

Follow up on my book received on Friday.  I read the entire book this past weekend and it was a blast.  It was a fun read and it had a brief description of each game.  I would have liked more to read about each game only because I enjoyed the Coleco so much.  I thought the rating scale was decent as was the rarity scale.  

I'm also glad to know that some of the rare titles are not that good.  Saves me some money in hunting them down.  lol  Overall though, I believe I have played every game in this book either in my childhood or in my search for games as an adult.  Most of the rare titles were placed on the Flashback (which I also own) and may give them a shot one day... although with some of the ratings, I'm not in such a hurry to do so.

Thanks Oscar for giving the Coleco fans a fun read... next up you can do all the titles since the crash!  lol  Lots of Homebrews out there!

PS - The black and white version of the book is perfectly fine for me.  I look at the screen shots and sort of see them in colour as I remember them back in the day!

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, ColecoJoe said:

Got mine!! Thanks for writing this book!

5ed4ab9a8a042d54b797eacdda52db15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! Thanks! ?

On 8/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, King_Salamon said:

Follow up on my book received on Friday.  I read the entire book this past weekend and it was a blast.  It was a fun read and it had a brief description of each game.  I would have liked more to read about each game only because I enjoyed the Coleco so much.  I thought the rating scale was decent as was the rarity scale.  

I'm also glad to know that some of the rare titles are not that good.  Saves me some money in hunting them down.  lol  Overall though, I believe I have played every game in this book either in my childhood or in my search for games as an adult.  Most of the rare titles were placed on the Flashback (which I also own) and may give them a shot one day... although with some of the ratings, I'm not in such a hurry to do so.

Thanks Oscar for giving the Coleco fans a fun read... next up you can do all the titles since the crash!  lol  Lots of Homebrews out there!

PS - The black and white version of the book is perfectly fine for me.  I look at the screen shots and sort of see them in colour as I remember them back in the day!

Thank you very much for your comments! I'm glad we agree on rarity and ratings.

It's amazing what the mind can do, and actually the Lulu printing is *excellent* for the screenshots.

I don't think I can do ever a homebrew version, I've missed lots of them!

23 hours ago, Loafer said:

Oscar: excellent job!  having read the book I am now ready for the sequel: homebrews and protos!

get cracking!  :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It means a lot for me.

A homebrew edition would be a hard to do as I said before, because I've only a few of these (around 50 or so).

17 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Woo-Hoo!  My book just arrived.  I'm a newbie to ColecoVision, so this book is greatly appreciated and the timing couldn't be better, as I recently placed an order for the CollectorVision Phoenix.

Thanks Oscar.

Coleco Games Guide.jpg

Thanks! It feels good that you like it :) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, nick3092 said:

Any chance of offering this with a hardcover? I think it would be worth the extra money. 

The edition options only offer the Black&White with hard cover. There is no option for color with hard cover. I think people going for hard cover would expect color anyway, so I don't intend to edit it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

There's also 50% off the colour edition and 30% off the black and white edition at the moment.  Coupons are also stackable.  I was able to apply both the LKAB317CD and ONESHIP coupons bringing the cost of the colour edition down to US$31.14 with free shipping (even to Canada).

Couldn't resist ordering a colour copy despite nanochess sending me a free black and white copy.

Untitled.png

48 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

There's also 50% off the colour edition and 30% off the black and white edition at the moment.  Coupons are also stackable.  I was able to apply both the LKAB317CD and ONESHIP coupons bringing the cost of the colour edition down to US$31.14 with free shipping (even to Canada).

Couldn't resist ordering a colour copy despite nanochess sending me a free black and white copy.

Untitled.png

Hehe it should come to you soon. Shipped since early August, latest tracking notice says it was on plane by Aug/15 but cannot find it yet in Canada Post. Btw it's a color edition ;)

1 hour ago, Ikrananka said:

Untitled.png

Damn and I thought just the one ship on the Colour edition was a good deal when I bought it after buying the Black and White, guess I shouldn't have been so antsy haha. But the black and white was so good I had to have the colour edition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nanochess said:

Hehe it should come to you soon. Shipped since early August, latest tracking notice says it was on plane by Aug/15 but cannot find it yet in Canada Post. Btw it's a color edition ;)

Well it wouldn't surprise me if Canada Post lost it - it's been 3 weeks since the flight and it wouldn't have been held up by customs unless you specified a value over CA$30 on the customs form.  It wouldn't be the first time that Canada Post lost a parcel of mine.  Come to think of it they've lost quite a lot over the years.  Far more than the Royal Mail when I lived in the UK.

I'll leave the order at lulu and if I do end up with two copies of the book I'm sure someone will take one of them off my hands.

8 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

Well it wouldn't surprise me if Canada Post lost it - it's been 3 weeks since the flight and it wouldn't have been held up by customs unless you specified a value over CA$30 on the customs form.  It wouldn't be the first time that Canada Post lost a parcel of mine.  Come to think of it they've lost quite a lot over the years.  Far more than the Royal Mail when I lived in the UK.

I'll leave the order at lulu and if I do end up with two copies of the book I'm sure someone will take one of them off my hands.

Lulu ships pretty quick. Colour took a little longer than the B&W

15 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I couldn’t resist a color copy either and I must say that I’m impressed with the book.  Color version looks very good.?

I caught the sale earlier and Lulu shipped in lightning fast speed. 

EF3F573F-5DD4-4AE5-B01A-4D1626CAE562.jpeg

Cool! Thanks! And yes, it looks amazing! :)

Now I can say my book is so good that people is buying two copies each. ;)

• Like 1