IGNORED

My new book: ColecoVision Games Guide

nanochess

49 minutes ago, doubledown said:

***NOT MINE***

This book is now available on ebay...for only $93.06 w/free shipping

LINK

Again not mine, just pointing out the ridiculousness

That's weird seeing as it is a huge, huge store - almost a million items for sale - and most appear to be reasonably priced. Looks like they probably got a discount on shipping as well, since there are more than 10 up for sale.

Unfortunately, I believe he indicated earlier on that he wasn't going to be producing a book on post-crash games, since he couldn't play or have access to a very large number of them. No .roms available and / or sold out, and he couldn't afford current Ebay prices, etc. 

Such a shame, but perhaps he could write a book on those homebrews that he is able to play / have access to!

On 7/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, nanochess said:

After a lot of work, my new book ColecoVision Games Guide is now available! :) with reviews, screenshots, and trivia of every game made during the ColecoVision's commercial availability.

Foreword by Jennell Jaquays. Thanks to mthompson and Ikrananka for proofreading and doing a facts revision.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/oscar-toledo-gutierrez/colecovision-games-guide/paperback/product-24179477.html

20190725_132842.jpg

20190725_132757.jpg

I received mine yesterday and have read through Frenzy thus far.  Thank for puting this fantastic and fun games guide together!!

• Thanks 1

Left my book at work on Friday, but had a chance to stop by the office and thumb through it today.  I see myself getting a lot of use out of this.  So much so that I'm considering picking up a second copy (B&W edition) though as a "working copy" for referencing more often.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

-James

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mingus said:

Left my book at work on Friday, but had a chance to stop by the office and thumb through it today.  I see myself getting a lot of use out of this.  So much so that I'm considering picking up a second copy (B&W edition) though as a "working copy" for referencing more often.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

-James

Wow! that's cool :)

Thanks for letting me know. ??

• 1 month later...

Updated the first post with pictures of the color book. Also added links for buying the color edition and previewing the contents.

Now it's a good time to order your book if you want to have it ready for Christmas gifts ;)

Lulu has again the ONESHIP coupon code for free mail shipping until Nov/14.

A positive suggestion for your pictures showing off the book: please use uncompressed .PNG format, as there are bad compression artifacts in your JPEG pictures. People, including myself, may be unsure if these fringing artifacts are a part of the printed book or not. Especially when zooming in, the print quality doesn't look good, probably due to the compression artifacts introduced by the lossy compression of your pictures, and not due to the color offset printing press. At least, that's the hope.

10 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

A positive suggestion for your pictures showing off the book: please use uncompressed .PNG format, as there are bad compression artifacts in your JPEG pictures. People, including myself, may be unsure if these fringing artifacts are a part of the printed book or not. Especially when zooming in, the print quality doesn't look good, probably due to the compression artifacts introduced by the lossy compression of your pictures, and not due to the color offset printing press. At least, that's the hope.

I cannot control the preview (probably lower quality as Google Books serves previews for millions of people) but the final print is very high quality without artifacts. In fact as you said I used PNG files for the screenshots. I've a lot of experience on this ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...