IGNORED

Atari 2600 games NTSC to PAL

Hello!

I have a question, is it possible to make NTSC atari 2600 roms to PAL (50) ?

For example play Adventure II, Yar's return, Flag capture and rare games, what is only in NTSC on my Atari? I have unocart 2600 with SD, but scroll lines, when I use that games.

Thank you.

Edited by Максим Рябцев

NTSC runs roughly 17% faster than PAL (someone with more knowledge feel free to correct this number)
So anything you can do within the timing of an NTSC should be able to be done in the timing of a PAL.
Your timing will be different, so the kernel and anything else that makes assumptions about the passage of time would need to be adjusted.
NTSC and PAL also use different colors, so you'll have to adjust any time a color is being used. (And probably can't exactly replicate the NTSC colors)

I believe it could be done, but would require some time and effort.

Hi there,

12 hours ago, Максим Рябцев said:

I have a question, is it possible to make NTSC atari 2600 roms to PAL (50) ?

For example play Adventure II, Yar's return, Flag capture and rare games, what is only in NTSC on my Atari? I have unocart 2600 with SD, but scroll lines, when I use that games.

I'm curious as to how you have these ROMs. They were only produced for the Flashback units.

I can say there is a PAL50 version of Yar's Return unfortunately, I cannot share it. We anticipated Atari needing these for a PAL version of the FB2 but that never happened.

The PAL50 version not only adjusts the timing and colors but also adjusts the kernel where there is a top and bottom Neutral Zone.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DEBRO said:

Hi there,

I'm curious as to how you have these ROMs. They were only produced for the Flashback units.

I can say there is a PAL50 version of Yar's Return unfortunately, I cannot share it. We anticipated Atari needing these for a PAL version of the FB2 but that never happened.

The PAL50 version not only adjusts the timing and colors but also adjusts the kernel where there is a top and bottom Neutral Zone.

That roms are in the Internet. And problems with founding no, but in my console, they looks like NTSC, because wrong color and scroll screen. If isn't possible to make like PAL(50), it's so sad.

1 hour ago, Sknarp said:

NTSC runs roughly 17% faster than PAL (someone with more knowledge feel free to correct this number)
So anything you can do within the timing of an NTSC should be able to be done in the timing of a PAL.
Your timing will be different, so the kernel and anything else that makes assumptions about the passage of time would need to be adjusted.
NTSC and PAL also use different colors, so you'll have to adjust any time a color is being used. (And probably can't exactly replicate the NTSC colors)

I believe it could be done, but would require some time and effort.

Yes, i know about this system of editing. Thank you.