IGNORED

(Advanced) Dungeon & Dragons White Label

Just curious as I've been learning about the history of the Intellivision brand and recently learned about the white label re-release variations. I saw one that was a re-release of Dungeons & Dragons with the exception of the word "advanced" being omitted. Just curious as to why they would have to change the name in that manner? I feel like I remember reading the license for the game was so litigious they couldn't even fit the Intellivision brand on the loading screen because of everything extra they had to add. I don't feel like there is some crazy bombshell of a reason, but non the less curious as to why this be what happened

The license also required that "cartridge" be part of the title.  The Intellivision Inc. box has it right.  The full title with "cartridge" is on the title screen.  Maybe there was a different license agreement with Intellivision Inc or maybe it was just a mistake.

Edit:

The titlescreen is complete.  They had to add a line at the bottom for the TSR copyright.  Not sure what in the game might be copyrighted to TSR.  The Treasure of Tarmin cartridge is missing "TREASURE OF TARMIN" from the titlescreen.  So the two titlescreens are identical.

Edited by mr_me