IGNORED

Fixer-upper

On 7/30/2019 at 6:02 AM, Flojomojo said:

Observed this morning, put out for trash pickup. Smells like opportunity!

E31FB19E-8532-4862-A993-26543F4E9614.thumb.jpeg.f5a76d06289b972ddaa7f9a9220ee085.jpeg

Lol... it's like an old Dell ATX case, and then someone threw in a 5.25" floppy drive along with some mulch. There's nothing in there, I don't even see a motherboard.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I found 2 IBM P4 systems on the side of the road a few years ago... I got a working system by using parts from both. It's now a great PC for Win9x and XP era games.

When I was a kid growing up in Northern Virginia, I used to do this all the time. I'd search around on bulk pick-up day for old computers people were throwing out. At the time... the Pentium hadn't even been named yet, and the DX2/66 was all the rage. Most people still had 386s with a few 286s, and the well-to-do had 486s.

I found a couple of old 8088s, and a 286 "Laser" computer. I was able to get one of the 8088s working, and the 286 as well. My parents were both impressed, and annoyed.