IGNORED

My Collection Has Grown, not "AWESOME", but not "BAD"...

All of them work just fine. I had a "hiccup" with Mountain King that I had to replace, and the original cart purchased was refunded.

I'm waiting for MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE to arrive, so that'll bring me up to 22 carts. I recently acquired DONKEY KONG for the 5200, and, as both a 5200 and a ColecoVision, the homebrew 5200 reigns supreme for a multitude of reasons and observations. 

Here is my original post when I joined this community. Lots of fun, and the condition of the 5200 that I got is more or less brand new (I lucked out on that one!!!)  Additionally, I've been very, VERY CAREFUL to purchase carts, the trak-ball, and whatnot for this system that are in pristine condition. Look at the condition this 5200 is in (in the quoted thread below). I've never seen ONE 5200 that looks this good on eBay, Amazon, or if you want to sell your soul, HELL.

It is a privilege to be a part of this community. While I've not been here in quite some time, I intend to stick around, and hope to make some good friends. Ok, so, I'll shut my trap and let you cats have a say.  :D

Edited by Indrid Cold

• 2 weeks later...

For loose carts, all the labels look to be in good condition. Fortunate for the Parker Brothers games as well, as those tend to get dead adhesive when not boxed. And, when it comes to the 5200, just about any collection of games will be good games to play as well, very few stinkers in that library.

On 8/11/2019 at 2:19 AM, Mangia-Boy said:

I would add a Moon Patrol and Jungle Hunt cartridge and my personal favourite Zenji.

But  you have already the best games for the 5200.

I like the system, too. Unfortunately it was not available in Europe when I was a kid.

I've got Montezuma's Revenge on the way, but Moon Patrol was a great arcade game. I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion!

14 hours ago, Nuclear Pacman said:

For loose carts, all the labels look to be in good condition. Fortunate for the Parker Brothers games as well, as those tend to get dead adhesive when not boxed. And, when it comes to the 5200, just about any collection of games will be good games to play as well, very few stinkers in that library.

Yeah, the carts are in good condition, I make sure of that when I'm purchasing them (mostly from eBay) so long as I can help it.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:03 AM, high voltage said:

Nice collection.

We didn't get the 5200 in Europe, but way back Russ Perry sent me a cib system. The P&P was killing him, he said. Collecting for it on and off, but I never dared to used it here in Europe....

I imagine you'd have to have a NTSC TV, yes? Too bad it was not released in Europe, it was (and still is) a great system.  People always bark about it's size, but I think it's a sexy looking system.