IGNORED

Adventure Ponies - Atari XL/XE

Gibstov

Adventure Ponies - Atari XL/XE (64K Required)

gallery_45665_2427_7708.png

Dragon Trouble

gallery_45665_2427_32972.png

Applejack Smack

gallery_45665_2427_29876.png

Oh No! A Hydra

gallery_45665_2427_52702.png

Rainbow Dash-ed

gallery_45665_2427_31371.png

Uh Oh! It's Discord

gallery_45665_2427_2716.png

You Win!

gallery_45665_2427_38538.png

* Current Version *

----------------- 0.83 -----------------

- Modified the Pony Select Screen to show Locked as well as Unlocked characters.

advponies.0.83.xex

advponies.0.83.atr

I posted a new thread as the images were broken on the previous thread. Here is a link to the previous thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Added a new version 0.83. There was some confusion on how to select the other ponies other than Twilight, and it wasn't clear that the other ponies needed to be unlocked.  So I added both Locked as well as Unlocked characters to the Select Pony Screen.

Locked Character

large.Dash_Locked.png.538358138e31db68e9636d3178928364.png

Unlocked Character

large.Dash_Unlocked.png.a36dca23479bab72ffac95e212684e6b.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gibstov said:

Added a new version 0.83. There was some confusion on how to select the other ponies other than Twilight, and it wasn't clear that the other ponies needed to be unlocked.  So I added both Locked as well as Unlocked characters to the Select Pony Screen.

Locked Character

large.Dash_Locked.png.538358138e31db68e9636d3178928364.png

Unlocked Character

large.Dash_Unlocked.png.a36dca23479bab72ffac95e212684e6b.png

Great. BTW. does the cheat code from the original game work here? 

9 hours ago, Yautja said:

Great. BTW. does the cheat code from the original game work here? 

8 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

there is a way, or rather there was unless he changed it ;)

There is a cheat code to unlock the characters. ?  I'll give to you a hint. "Help is closer than it appears" ?

Gibstov, my daughter is sat there playing GTA 5 or Legend of the Tomb Raider and she looks over and see's me playing a My Little Pony game, the look I got was roasting :)

My standing as The Best Dad in The World is in tatters :)

But still I play your wonderful little game :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Gibstov, my daughter is sat there playing GTA 5 or Legend of the Tomb Raider and she looks over and see's me playing a My Little Pony game, the look I got was roasting :)

My standing as The Best Dad in The World is in tatters :)

But still I play your wonderful little game :)

Haha...awesome, I am glad you enjoy it. ?

Sometimes you just have to crush your enemies with the magic of friendship ?

• Like 1

solid prod, kudos @Gibstov!

very loose remarks as you are still developing the prod:

- I was pressing START button like mad when in the menu screen to no avail as seeing "START" on screen made my neurons work this way. maybe you could check CONSOL there?

- my pony does these jerky moves when colliding with background - as a retired games dev I understand this is a very difficult task to make collisions work nicely, but maybe a tweak here or there could help?

- you need a tune and a splash screen, call for it and mega-helpful artists will help!

On 8/2/2019 at 4:32 PM, pirx said:

solid prod, kudos @Gibstov!

very loose remarks as you are still developing the prod:

- I was pressing START button like mad when in the menu screen to no avail as seeing "START" on screen made my neurons work this way. maybe you could check CONSOL there?

- my pony does these jerky moves when colliding with background - as a retired games dev I understand this is a very difficult task to make collisions work nicely, but maybe a tweak here or there could help?

- you need a tune and a splash screen, call for it and mega-helpful artists will help!

Thanks.  I do have a nice splash screen that Kaz provided, I just haven't been able to incorporate it yet.  Also, adding music is my next goal.

• Like 2

Just downloaded it and am playing on Altirra with a USB gamepad.

I would really like an option to play with the fire button assigned to jump, and up on the joystick assigned to teleport.  For me, I've had too much experience with NES-style platformers that use an action button to jump, and I think that would make it much easier for me to get into the game.

3 hours ago, FifthPlayer said:

Just downloaded it and am playing on Altirra with a USB gamepad.

I would really like an option to play with the fire button assigned to jump, and up on the joystick assigned to teleport.  For me, I've had too much experience with NES-style platformers that use an action button to jump, and I think that would make it much easier for me to get into the game.

just re assign them in Altirra, the game is as it should be it is correct port.

14 hours ago, FifthPlayer said:

That works for Altirra.....I also have a 130XE.

If you are playing it on real hardware, I suggest using a Genesis controller.  Playing it with an actual Atari joystick is fine, I just found using a Genesis controller is easier.  This may be because when I test it in Altirra, I use a USB controller like you, and so maybe I just got used to playing it with a d-pad.  (I've not really tried playing it in Altirra using the arrow keys, but some of the jumping is tricky, especially with Applejack, where you have to jump and kick so I imagine it is pretty hard.)

I played the game from beginning to end a number of times with a cx-40, it's true to it's origin. It really didn't take too long to get used to it. Apple Jack is tough to master with the old stick but once you do it's fine. Consider it a skill you develop :)  as keeps the game fun as well as interesting. If it's all the same and easy what would the point be?

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gibstov said:

Major Update 0.84

Added background music to the game.  There are two tunes, one for the element levels and one for the enemy levels.

I hope you enjoy ?

---Find it here ----

advponies.0.84.xex 42.63 kB · 12 downloads

advponies.0.84.atr 130.02 kB · 8 downloads

Are you going to be showing this at PRGE?