IGNORED

Ps one memory card issue help!

Retrubby

Hi I recently bought a modded ps1 slim Working perfectly fine. Issue is its not detecting the memory card .

Though I can insert this memory card in ps2 its detected in browser and I can format it. But in ps1 games not detecting this memory card. Is there any solution? Is it because of ps1 mod? Please help I want to save my games :(

3 hours ago, Stephen Moss said:

Unless the mod was to use a different type of memory card/game data storage that is a poor mod if it has disrupted memory card access.

Have you tried both card slots? If only one card slot is affected it may just be a bad solder joint.

Yes, neither of the alot seems to detect the memory card. Mod name is multichip. 

If I remember correctly the controller and memory card use the exact same connections and rely on serial commands to determine which device the console is talking to. If this is true then your controller should not work either if the mod work is bad. See if they pulled power from the memory card port and look for shorts. I assume you've tried cleaning contacts in the console and memory card. Is this an official memory card or third party?

1 hour ago, emerson said:

If I remember correctly the controller and memory card use the exact same connections and rely on serial commands to determine which device the console is talking to. If this is true then your controller should not work either if the mod work is bad. See if they pulled power from the memory card port and look for shorts. I assume you've tried cleaning contacts in the console and memory card. Is this an official memory card or third party?

Both the controller slots are working fine. 

"See if they pulled power from memory card slots" 

How do I look for that?

Memory card does have sony branding on it but when I connect to ps2 it only has 128kb space despite being empty which makes me think it might be a copy, though not so sure .

12 hours ago, Retrubby said:

"See if they pulled power from memory card slots" 

How do I look for that? 

You have to open the console and look at the mod chip wiring.

12 hours ago, Retrubby said:

Memory card does have sony branding on it but when I connect to ps2 it only has 128kb space despite being empty which makes me think it might be a copy, though not so sure .

128KB (kilobytes) is correct. Another way of saying it is 1 Mb or (megabits).

7 hours ago, CMR said:

Try cleaning the contacts on the card.  Other than this, I don't know.  If the PS2 Browser can read the card, then the games should be able to also.

I agree. You'll want to open the card and give the contacts a thorough cleaning. Also be sure to clean the contacts on the console as well.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:22 PM, emerson said:

UPDATE: So I tried a different ps1 memory card today. Guess what? It worked perfectly on my ps one!

Came to know that the one I had is most likely a clone that looked exactly the same from outside except that the clone had PSone written instead of Playstation. Thank you guys can FINALLY save now :)