IGNORED

Flash Carts out there in use

CyranoJ

Flash Cart Types - If you own/intend to get multiple - select the one with the largest capacity.  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What type of flash cart do you have/intend to get

• Skunkboard 1 (max 4mb ROM)
    • Skunkboard 2+ (max 6mb ROM)
    • Saint's JagSD (max 16mb ROM)
    • Other (Don't care what type)
    • None

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Hey CJ shouldn`t be multiple votes be possible on this one? For example I have a Skunk 2 but I intend to buy the SD card. I can only choose one option right now so I am not sure this would give you the wanted result...

As it says, pick the one with the largest capacity that you either have or intend to get.  ?

I hate to say this but since Saints SD cart will be mass produced (ie, not limited run) we should not hold back on projects that might benefit from more than 6MB.  I had 2 skunks and they were great but I would say most skunk owners will go for an SD card.

Maybe to help clarify for myself and others what does the skunk do that the SD doesnt (this is not a knock on the skunk as I loved mine when I had it)

1 hour ago, Goochman said:

Maybe to help clarify for myself and others what does the skunk do that the SD doesnt (this is not a knock on the skunk as I loved mine when I had it)

For developers it has the ability to connect to a debug session. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is any way to do that with the JagSD. For a typical Jaguar owner the JagSD is going to be the way to go.

2 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I'm just trying to decide if 6mb can be the standard size for a ROM release.  Given there's only a single skunk1 in use so far I'd say that's a safe assumption at this point unless it changes during the poll lifetime.

I currently use a 4 MB Jagtopus, but I intend to buy SainT's SD cart when it is released :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Austin said:

Sold my Skunk a ways back in prep for SainT's new SD-based cart.

I would have said that was a risky move but now that the SD cart is about to come out then good for you. Got the money while you could! I have enjoyed the use of my Skunk the last 2 years

I have a couple of Skunk2+ and intend to get the SD Cart.

The latter mainly for playing Jag game ROM of games that don't really interest me but may like to play occasionally for a few minutes without the having financial and space investment in buying the actual carts.

Whether or not I make use of any development functionality will depend on time (not really had time to use the SkunKboards) and how easy it is to do compared to SkunKboard. 

34 minutes ago, Stephen Moss said:

Whether or not I make use of any development functionality will depend on time (not really had time to use the SkunKboards) and how easy it is to do compared to SkunKboard. 

It is exactly as hard as using a skunkboard. Plug in USB cable. Done.

I have pretty much every everdrive-type device available. I have skunkboard but no roms for it, so it is the only everdrive I have that is unused as a result. I would like skunkboard roms but don't know where to get them...

Terraonion's NeoSD has enabled me to play every NeoGeo game on MVS and AES; the NeoGeo is my favourite classic home system of all time, and easily the best arcade experience IMO. Terraonion's MegaSD will enable MegaCD games to be played on an everdrive for the first time. Meanwhile I have an Everdrive X7 on an Analogue Mega Sg. Beautiful.

Edited by Pinballs

• 3 weeks later...

The roms in development that CJ shares here and people have used on their skunk boards(Completed and WIP Roms - the ones that also will not work under Jaguar emulation)....will those same roms be compatible with Saint's SD? Or do those need to be patched by CJ in order to use them for Saint's SD Card? Thanks.

I voted Saint's JagSD (max 16mb ROM) in this poll. 

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol