IGNORED

L'abbaye des morts

alekmaul

On 8/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, alekmaul said:

An other few animated gifs from the game which is, by the way, currently finished \o/ (ok need to add a credits screen ;) ) ...

It's a beautiful work, and the improved soundtrack is a nice touch! 

But the first video had some quite heavy music slowdowns. Were you able to fix that? It seems to be a matter of interrupt management.

I'm thinking about another console for that, more on Sega side ;)

Once finished, it should be very easy to port it to the SG-1000 and MSX1.     :)

• 2 months later...

Just received mine and all I can say is WOW!!!  Not only are the packaging and manual outstanding (absolutely love the artwork and box design) but the cart is gold and transparent.  Quality is 10/10.

As for the game I've only spent around 10 minutes with it and so far I'm loving it.  Right up there with the quality of the Sydney Hunter games while having that 80's Spectrum/C64 vibe going for it.  I know this is going to get a lot of love from me.

One question I do have, I noticed in some rooms that you seem to move much slower than others.  Is that intentional or a hardware limitation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Just received mine and all I can say is WOW!!!  Not only are the packaging and manual outstanding (absolutely love the artwork and box design) but the cart is gold and transparent.  Quality is 10/10.

As for the game I've only spent around 10 minutes with it and so far I'm loving it.  Right up there with the quality of the Sydney Hunter games while having that 80's Spectrum/C64 vibe going for it.  I know this is going to get a lot of love from me.

One question I do have, I noticed in some rooms that you seem to move much slower than others.  Is that intentional or a hardware limitation?

Thanks!
We have a new artist working on our boxarts, and he is a very talented artist!
Wait till you see the one for Gorf SuperGame ;)

As far as the occasional slowdown, this is due to hardware limitation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

Thanks!
We have a new artist working on our boxarts, and he is a very talented artist!
Wait till you see the one for Gorf SuperGame ;)

As far as the occasional slowdown, this is due to hardware limitation

Certainly looking forward to seeing that one ?

Thanks for confirming the occasional slowdown.  Adds to the challenge of the game learning which rooms this occurs in and adjusting how you move through them accordingly.  Huge thanks to the entire CollectorVision team for bringing this to the CV.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, retroillucid said:

Here's a sneak peek 
It's just a rough layout template for Crapahute 
But you get the idea ;)

boxart color fix.png

The Gorf artwork is sick, really nice work. Even more importantly cant wait to play the game, I'm sure the galaxian level thats missing from every other home version will be present which would make it the best home port of an all time classic.  Keep up the awesome work !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neogeoman said:

The Gorf artwork is sick, really nice work. Even more importantly cant wait to play the game, I'm sure the galaxian level thats missing from every other home version will be present which would make it the best home port of an all time classic.  Keep up the awesome work !

Oh yeah, Gorf SuperGame will contains the Galaxians level, for sure!
There's also 15 other levels 

M3.png

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited to play this but have not yet received it though I did order both this and Saguaro City so perhaps orders for both games have yet to ship due to a delay with Saguaro City. 

And I never get tired of Gorf so a Gorf Super Game would indeed be excellent.  So many games could use this treatment as in an updated and/or more faithful arcade version.  I'm torn between new games that are not yet on the ColecoVision vs. games that we already have albeit watered down versions.  All and all I'd be happy for new versions of prior games. 

I wonder what other games are at the top of the list for this Super Game enhancement.  I know Congo Bongo is missing a screen/level. 

Edited by rodge2001

On 1/22/2020 at 6:08 PM, retroillucid said:

It's mentioned on the website:

Limited Editions were shipped for Christmas
Regular Editions are shipping at the end of January 

I should’ve realized that; thank you for pointing it out. I did order regular editions so I’m rest assured nothing lost in mail which was my fear.