IGNORED

EclaireXL Issues Thread

Larry

Hello!

I have received my EclaireXL mini today, and i'm fiddling with this beautyful part of equipement last 6 hours :)

Everything works like a charm, except my SIC! cart. All other carts I owe, are working flawlessly.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

So, I pulled out my Eclaire beta board which I last used at VCFMW in 2017 (how time flies).  When I put it away, I stored it with the power supply and cables I used with it.  When powering it up, I get no video from the HDMI port.  I tried the VGA cable, and two TVs gave me a "mode not supported".  The three power LEDs on the motherboard light up, and I get two clicks from the headphone jack.  The keyboard did not seem to initialize.  I did not check to see if there was activity on the SIO port.

Because I was SO far behind (v13 while v31 is latest), I decided to try updating via JTAG.  The process went fine, the Altera software showed 100% progress and success, but even after the update I had the same issue.

I verified the SD card that was still in the machine was able to be read in my PC.  I tried 3 different HDMI cables, a VGA cable, two different TVs, and multiple power supplies.

Does anybody have ideas as to what I can try?

03.thumb.JPG.d5e79450f515777ccb1cc6722257ff93.JPG

20 minutes ago, foft said:

So you flashed the latest jic?

Boot it without an sd card, do you get the bubbling sound on audio out?

Yes - I get a few clicks, then the Atari SIO timeout noise.  I did check yesterday (HDMI and VGA) without SD card inserted.  I am 99% sure I was using this via HDMI when it was put away.  Is there any way I could have been testing S-Video, and that setting has somehow been stored?  I wouldn't imagine anything can be saved without the SD card.

There was a repair wire on my board when I received it.  I did not check to see if it still intact:
02.thumb.JPG.6f71d11181808c9c5a4dcf0448b5cfcd.JPG

Not sure if this matters or helps you, but I am using a monitor that had DVI only. I was using HDMI to DVI adapter and could not get the monitor to work. I had to connect to a HDMI TV, go into settings and change to DVI. After that, the monitor detects my Eclaire (newest version board). Your comment regarding S-Video might be correct. It is stored in the flash as S-Video now and will not detect HDMI. Maybe attempt to connect to S-Video and see if it comes up, then switch to HDMI in settings and save?

Just food for thought.

Thanks - I finally found my sign info for the forum, and RTFM.  I was lucky - since I updated to software V31 yesterday, I was able to use the F11 shortcut, press H, and all is well!  Thanks everyone.

Seems there's something wrong with the SD card / adapter I'm using as well.  I'll put together a new card later this evening.  Just glad to see the board didn't die :)

• Like 1

Back to IDE+2 compatibility... 

My new Rev. F-1 works perfectly with ECXL.  D does not.  Mark reported that his E works with his ECXL (which is physically different than my mini).  Good news, but would be better if they all worked.  Still a half a loaf is better than no loaf at all.

-Larry

On 8/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, bocianu said:

Hello!

I have received my EclaireXL mini today, and i'm fiddling with this beautyful part of equipement last 6 hours :)

Everything works like a charm, except my SIC! cart. All other carts I owe, are working flawlessly.

Has anyone run into the same problem?

problem with SIC! solved - it was just dirty and oxidized ;)

I have an ancient usb 2 one that works and a new one that does not. I did not work out what the problem was.

I just checked and see there is now a protocol decoder for usb for the picoscope, so I will try that out to see if I can work out the problem.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, foft said:

Turbo freezer breakpoints are released.

It works, even inside the "crash loop" of the Lucas titles when the Freezer button does not work.

Debugging the disk emulation issues still is very difficult. Both titles cannot continue after exiting the freezer, therefore a reboot is needed after each breakpoint. I know that this issue cannot be solved by you. ;)

• 1 month later...

What size screws is everyone using for the EclaireXL cases?

The main screws that hold the case together as well as the smaller screws that hold down the board and the cartridge slot.

I'm having a heck of a time finding the right screws.

1125191919.jpg

1125191919a.jpg

1125191919b.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC
Add pics

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm seeing two problems with the file browser used when mounting disks:

1. The "highlight bar" disappears when scrolling through the list when there are many long file names. It becomes impossible to tell what file is selected.

2. When folders have a lot of files with long file names (e.g. 200-300), the Eclaire just seems to lock up.

Anyone else seeing this?

• 2 months later...

I am trying to use ICE-T XE 2.8.0.7 (load from SDrive-Max) on my Eclaire XL V3 and keep getting error when booting. 

Base 48K not found

R: device not found

Using P:R: and a wimodem232

I have NO issues with BobTerm (load from SDrive-Max) or Supra Express (load from floppy only works - SDrive-Max goes to BASIC screen)

Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

I am trying to use ICE-T XE 2.8.0.7 (load from SDrive-Max) on my Eclaire XL V3 and keep getting error when booting. 

Base 48K not found

R: device not found

Using P:R: and a wimodem232

I have NO issues with BobTerm (load from SDrive-Max) or Supra Express (load from floppy only works - SDrive-Max goes to BASIC screen)

Thoughts?

Base 48k not found generally means either BASIC if turned on, or if you are launching from SDX, you did not use the -x switch.

R: device not found - there is not a suitable modem handler loaded.  Ice-T comes in many versions.  Some have handler appended to the EXE, some require it to be loaded first.  A standard 850 handler will do the job.

• Thanks 1