IGNORED

Suggestions for 4 & 8 way convertible arcade stick?

So I'm wondering if anyone here has and suggestions for, or has used an arcade stick in a cab or homemade arcade stick that has an easy to use on-the-fly conversion from 4 way to 8way?

The Sanwa one I have in my Arcade1up conversion cab can be used either way, but I need to disassemble the control panel and flip it over to access the little plastic widget thing to convert it. I want something I can change without dismantling the control deck.

I've never tried this one personally, but I've heard good things about it:  https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=383&number_of_uploads=0

It requires some kind of "access" to the underside of the panel to make the switch, but you're just rotating a lever rather than disassembling the stick and changing the actuator. 

There is also the Ultimarc Mag-Stick Plus which enables you to switch back and forth simply by pulling up on the joystick handle and rotating it.  I haven't personally used this one, either.  The concept is great in theory but it's notable that I've read dozens of reviews on this stick over the years and most of them are lukewarm to unfavorable.  

On 8/2/2019 at 10:34 AM, Cynicaster said:

I've never tried this one personally, but I've heard good things about it:  https://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=383&number_of_uploads=0

It requires some kind of "access" to the underside of the panel to make the switch, but you're just rotating a lever rather than disassembling the stick and changing the actuator. 

There is also the Ultimarc Mag-Stick Plus which enables you to switch back and forth simply by pulling up on the joystick handle and rotating it.  I haven't personally used this one, either.  The concept is great in theory but it's notable that I've read dozens of reviews on this stick over the years and most of them are lukewarm to unfavorable.  

Cool idea but they dont seem to allow you to order the stick on that page?