IGNORED

Here’s why the Commodore SX-64 was a $1,000 FAILURE…& why GAMERS still want it

I had a fun YouTube copyright issue at my job.  We use the Killer Tracks audio library for all of our background music. It's licensed, and while I have to file a dispute every. single. time. it gets flagged, eventually everything gets straightened out. 

However, one time I got a notification that we had copyright notification from Chuck D (of Public Enemy fame). Which had my scratching my head, because our video editors would have no idea who Chuck D is, let alone use his music.   

Turns out, *he* used one of the Killer Tracks... uh... tracks, rapped over it, published it, and now YouTube claims it's his work. Needless to say, our audio only had the background music, not his contribution. Regardless, Chuck D gets the ad revenue. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Of the five or six C64 systems I've had over the years, only my SX64 still works 100%. ??

I thought I was pretty lucky when I got mine for $80 six or seven years ago. A long-time Commodore collector/enthusiast was unloading tons of stuff at VCF Midwest and didn't want to bring it home again after the convention, and was practically giving stuff away by the end--in fact, he agreed to let me have it for $80 (down from $100, which was already down from something like $150 IIRC) only on the condition that I also take one of the eight or 10 1541 drives he still had left! ? *Deal!*

Weird thing was...the SX64 was still there at the end of the weekend. I was baffled that nobody took it all weekend, even with it being demoed, shown working, and priced quite modestly even for the time. One of the handle hinges is slightly damaged and the original keyboard cable is missing (the seller made a replacement), but I was sure more people would have been all over it.

• Like 2