IGNORED

KansasFest Apple Meetup w/TI-99/4A

Airshack

• 1 month later...

Registration for "Virtual" KansasFest 2020 is open! 

"KansasFest 2020, the 32nd annual Apple II convention, is open for registration. Users, programmers, hobbyists, and retrocomputing enthusiasts are invited to gather virtually from Friday, July 24, through Saturday, July 25, for two days and one night of sessions, demos, announcements, contests, and camaraderie. 

We will make the best of the virtual arrangement and return to Kansas City in 2021. We’ve rescheduled the keynote speaker, Robert Woodhead, to next year.

Registration is only $20 to participate in all talks and activities. You will also receive a commemorative pin (postage included). Official KansasFest shirts are extra and optional. To register, please visit the official registration form:
 https://www.kansasfest.org/registration/

KansasFest invites any and all Apple II users, fans, and friends to attend the largest and longest running annual Apple II conference. For photos, videos, schedules, and presentations from past year’s events or to sign up for the email list and for inquiries, please visit the event’s Web site: https://www.kansasfest.org/

At very least you may use this as an opportunity to sample the experience before committing in 2021.

20 minutes ago, Airshack said:

At very least you may use this as an opportunity to sample the experience before committing in 2021.

Somehow I don't think the online talks will quite capture the essence of the on-site conference.  I have to believe the social interactions, ad-hoc conversations, and retro-tech environment are what make the event what it is.

• 3 months later...

The virtual KansasFest 2020 experience was better than I expected. Excellent presentations with up to 300 viewers at any given time. Word on the street is they had 500 people register to "attend."

Still, the social element was limited to chat text conversations with attendees and presenters, during and after presentations, via Discourse. I found everyone involved was happy to entertain questions. The staff was excellent as well -- as usual. Another great KansasFest despite the challenges.

Friday at KansasFest 2020

Saturday Morning at KansasFest 2020

• Like 2