IGNORED

Member #'s

StanJr

There are some 550 members on this board. But what happens if say Member #37 (this was a random pick, so #37, just simmer down) leaves the board and never returns. Does his/her number just sit un-occupied forever or do we all get bumped up a number? Is there a statute of limitations on inactive member numbers? Can I lobby for a higher number (you know, closer to #1)? Am I way too concerned about this? Should I take a nap?

Stan, Member #409

Member numbers are not reused. One of the problems is members don't "expire", so someone could leave the board for a year and then come back and still be able to log into his or her account. This means that numbers are not reused. And it is not very easy to assign an existing user a new member number, which is why I'm presently member #3 instead of #2. I'll probably fix that some day, but I'm not too concerned about it.

I wouldn't worry about what member number you are. Someday there'll probably be thousands of members (although not necessarily thousands of active users), and your #409 will be one of the earlier ones.

..Al

The pen is often refered to as mighter than the sword, in this case the keyboard. My exceptional typing ability will crush your 7 times as much number into oblivion.

By the way, yes, I also like my avatar.

Gee, all this lurking is making me thirsty...

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: dollopx ]

• 2 weeks later...