IGNORED

My UnoCart Arrived!

jefframsey

My UnoCart arrived yesterday! (Thanks @MacRorie!) The first thing I did was install a bunch of roms on an 8gb card and sort them into sub folders.

I put the card in the cart and put the cart into my rev14 4 switch woody, fired it up and tested a few games. Pitfall II works great and I am also able to play the starpath Frogger. This thing is awesome! It’s like a RetroPi, but on original hardware! Best of both worlds!

i am going to try out a few Homebrews next. How did I live without this thing before?

• Like 1

I was working on a ROM pack for the UNO cart then got side-tracked with my 2018 homebrew book. And recently, just got a AtGames Atari Flashback 9 console (HDMI version) and started working on a ROM pack for that one too. No ETA's though.

Already have the ROM pack for the AtGames Atari Flashback Portable completed and released in Feb 2018.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

I was working on a ROM pack for the UNO cart then got side-tracked with my 2018 homebrew book. And recently, just got a AtGames Atari Flashback 9 console (HDMI version) and started working on a ROM pack for that one too. No ETA's though.

Already have the ROM pack for the AtGames Atari Flashback Portable completed and released in Feb 2018.

That’s cool! As I get a bit more time into mine, I can publish it as well. Would be nice to get a good rom pack with a good folder/file naming system that is compatible with the uno. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:45 AM, jefframsey said:

I am thinking about configuring mine with the top level folders like Originals, Homebrews, Starpath, Prototypes, etc. and then alphabetical folders inside of those folders.  Thoughts?

This is EXACTLY how I have mine sorted.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:45 AM, jefframsey said:

I am thinking about configuring mine with the top level folders like Originals, Homebrews, Starpath, Prototypes, etc. and then alphabetical folders inside of those folders.  Thoughts?

Nice, another UNO user! I also have Development for my own coding tests, though I'm still pretty new into it.

Under Homebrew I like to split it further:

Demakes (games from newer or "better" consoles such as Zippy and Princess Rescue)

Hacks (revisions of existing games such as Adventure edits)

Arcade (ports like "Gotcha")

Original (new games)

My prototypes is usually a mess of a folder because I don't really touch them that often, so its just loose.

9 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

For my own education, wouldn't the A2600 Harmony pack from SmokeMonster work well enough as is?

I use ROM Hunter's packs.

Could you please either point me to SmokeMonster's Harmony pack or post it here?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SS said:

I use ROM Hunter's packs.

Could you please either point me to SmokeMonster's Harmony pack or post it here?  Thanks. 

4 hours ago, jefframsey said:

It might if I could find it and download it. Do you have a link?

Not my place to post links, but the actual content itself is listed here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/EverDrive-Packs-Lists-Database/master/EverDrive Pack SMDBs/Atari 2600 SMDB.txt

column 2 is all that there is.

NOTE: btw the previous links that I had found work no more (they worked until 3 weeks ago I'd say), not sure why, some crackdown on some of the hosting entities maybe.

So at present I am not aware of any new links from where to source the packs ... any of them. Even the SmokeMonster epforum link is gone , the google cache looks wiped as well, weird (first link returned by this google query "smokemonster epforums pack").

29 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Not my place to post links, but the actual content itself is listed here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SmokeMonsterPacks/EverDrive-Packs-Lists-Database/master/EverDrive Pack SMDBs/Atari 2600 SMDB.txt

column 2 is all that there is.

Thanks for sharing. I'm far enough along now that I will just stick with the image that I got from @SS. I have reorganized that list quite a bit and I am going through and cleaning up file names/testing each ROM to make sure it will load and play on the UnoCart.

Follow-up: I played Pitfall II a bit more. It keeps crashing after 5-10 minutes into the game. At first the lower half of the screen shows scrambled looking graphics. Within a few minutes of this, the entire screen will black out and I can only reset the console to get out of it.

I will post pics of this happening as soon as I get a chance.

• 3 years later...