IGNORED

Best musical scores in TI games (past & present).

Omega-TI

Its a pain on my phone to link but i will upload tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

I really like Alpiner (Anitra's Dance from Peer Gynt by Grieg) and the theme from Tunnel of Doom.

Zero Zap theme is cool too- I think it's part of the 1812 Overture.  ;-)

Alpiner -- 

Tunnels of Doom -- about 14 seconds into this video.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I don't really know why, but I like the music in Super Demon Attack and the way it just segues into the sounds of the monsters attacking. Slymoids has a similar effect that always keeps me coming back to it. . .

Slymoids is one of a few to use volume envelopes on notes, and percussion. Most TI games use plain tones.  I pick Slymoids for the best but I love so many others. 

• Like 3

Anyone care to record all these awesome musical scores and turn then into MP3's so we can play them in our cars on the way to and from work?  

I'm thinking a new thread/section with links to all things Audio and Video for the TI might be interesting.  Podcasts, music, heck even books (if any exist in that format).

The YouTube videos might be a nightmare for me to catalog, but as time allows and the authors supply the links, I'll take it on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

Anyone care to record all these awesome musical scores and turn then into MP3's so we can play them in our cars on the way to and from work?  

I'm thinking a new thread/section with links to all things Audio and Video for the TI might be interesting.  Podcasts, music, heck even books (if any exist in that format).

The YouTube videos might be a nightmare for me to catalog, but as time allows and the authors supply the links, I'll take it on.

I'm a great fan of chiptunes, especially those that manage to get more sound out of our sound chip by using techniques like volume envelopes, periodic noise for bass, white noise for percussion, and fast arpeggios for a richer sound. 

I'm attaching two of my favorites in mp3 format: Collision Chaos by Chris Kelly and Commando by Newcoleco based on the original by Rob Hubbard (I'm not sure the attached version is playing at the right speed.)

If you decide to make a music section, here's also a collection of the tunes I have either created or remade for the TI, also in mp3 format.

rasmus-music-collection.zip collision_chaos.mp3 commando.mp3

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 6