IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 15 - Buck Rogers

DamonicFury

Welcome to round fifteen of this 5200 HSC season!   Buck Rogers won the poll by two votes.  Play using the default settings. 
Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current record was set by sdamon - 259,397 points.  Bust it if you can for a bonus point.

The ROM and manual can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=612

Round ends Sunday, August 18th, 2019 @9pm EST

Standings:

eegt97 - 334,268 - RECORD BREAKER

Nuclear Pacman - 312,265 - RECORD BREAKER 

jblenkle - 225,755

Cafeman - 179,913

AverageSoftware - 115,385

roadrunner - 73,685

Mangia-Boy - 35,368

Just curious....best way to get a screenshot? It goes away awfully quick after you lose your last life.

Also, I am playing via emulation. While the game plays fine and starts normally, after I lose my last life the game starts again by itself. Should it be doing this?

thanks

Joe B.

19 hours ago, jblenkle said:

Just curious....best way to get a screenshot? It goes away awfully quick after you lose your last life.

Also, I am playing via emulation. While the game plays fine and starts normally, after I lose my last life the game starts again by itself. Should it be doing this?

thanks

Joe B.

Do you have some kind of auto fire going on? Because when I get a game over, I get a title screen (with scores) that doesn't move unless I press the fire or start button.

19 hours ago, jblenkle said:

thanks

Joe B.

Sorry jblenkle, looks like it is a bug in kat5200 (I assume that is what you are using?).  Reset should get you back to the screen with the high score, at least it did for me.  You may need to be sure not to fire before reset.  Try Altirra if that doesn't work for you. 

Yes, I am using Kat5200...I will give Altirra a try and see what happens. Thanks!

17 hours ago, eegt97 said:

Sorry jblenkle, looks like it is a bug in kat5200 (I assume that is what you are using?).  Reset should get you back to the screen with the high score, at least it did for me.  You may need to be sure not to fire before reset.  Try Altirra if that doesn't work for you. 

This is not a bad game. Actually, this is the perfect kind of game for HSC. It's not something I would ever purposely play for fun, but it has good scoring mechanics, is not unplayable at all, and I get some regular play time out of a game I otherwise would neglect.

BuckRogers2.JPG

You don't have to fly through every set of pylons. Each stage has a quota to meet, a combo of slalom and shooting down aliens. Sometimes you want to chase the aliens and destroy them, it will meet the quota faster. Fuel is a constant use. The manual says you can speed up and slow down holding up/down on the joystick  respectively.

• Thanks 1

Ah, I see, I wasn't realizing it was a combo to meet, that should help. The other thing I wasn't getting was your speed can still go faster even at top ship height.  Thanks!

I'm not sure I have ever really played this game before.

• Like 1