IGNORED

What is the F2F Joystick Cable good for?

800_Rocks

joystick loopback plugs sometimes looked like that, but you better test it with a meter first... you don't want bad things to happen...

other things such wonders might be used for is joining extension cables together, and lastly as a device adapter cable...

meter them out....

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

not exactly, the multijoy used standard extension cables and standard joystick cables.

You are right, I missed that there are indeed 2 female connectors for the computer connection on the multijoy.

4 hours ago, Nezgar said:

You are right, I missed that there are indeed 2 female connectors for the computer connection on the multijoy.

Yeah, but the design is for 10 identical male connectors as ivop stated somewhere that he intended it for use with serial cables which are easier to procure than joystick extensions. If you want to use joystick extensions you have to solder the connectors to the underside of the board (opposite to to the players' joystick connectors).  

The 9-pin joystick extensions that are currently available on EBay don't fit well on DB-9 sockets. If you leave the threads on the connectors, you need to hollow out the sides of the plugs and at least mine fall of easily. I have resolved to cut off one side and solder them directly onto the PCB for my second MultiJoy attempt.

So if these cables are straight 9-9 they would be great for MultiJoy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 800_Rocks said:

I have 6 of these from a big eBay lot. 

What are the uses for these little babies?

These female-female cables can be very good used for the CPS SuperSALT external fixture. Keep them, after some dozen times of usage one or more wires will break inside, so it´s a very good idea to have spare ones.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 800_Rocks said:

I have 6 of these from a big eBay lot. 

What are the uses for these little babies?

tying up very small parcels, attaching notes to pigeon's legs  [John Cleese] ?