Jump to content

hardware question: joystick repair

Recommended Posts

Okay this isn't necessarily the right forum for this question but it's the closest I can think of where someone might actually know what I'm talking about and have an answer.


So if you open up a typical Atari 2600 joystick, the wires that connect to the circuit board have (on the end of them) a tiny clamp which slides onto a trace on the board.  Sometimes when I open up a joystick to repair it this is broken.  I want to order some replacements.  I can't seem to figure out what this part is called in order to search for it.





The closest I can find is a search for "wire crimps" from mouser.com but none of those look quite right.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be something like the female version of a slide/spade connector. The standard size you normally find in hardware stores is generally too wide, but these on amazon look narrower. They might work, but I can't say for sure.


But I suspect the wire in the cable is smaller than 22ga, and these wouldn't crimp properly. 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...