IGNORED

Trs80 model 1 worth?

martin1b

I recently acquired a model 1. It's not a coco but it's a model 1 with monitor, expansion interface, 3 floppies drives and tape drive. The ei is missing the CPU to ei cable but have tape and floppy cables. Without that cable, can't confirm floppy drives work but 2 seem to power up. CPU runs fine.

Is it worth it to buy the ei cable? If so, with a working ei and drive, what's it worth? 

Pricing information may be hard to come by.  This is nothing personal, so please don't take it the wrong way, it's just when a new member in their first post seems more concerned with what an 'item is worth' after obtaining something, it makes one think that the other person (there have been many) is trying to use us for price information or to exploit AtariAge to find a buyer so they can off-load something.  People have been burnt before, so it's a once bitten twice shy sort of thing.

My recommendation is to check out Ebay.  Yes their prices are inflated, but it may help you price it and sell it.  Any potential purchaser will feel more comfortable with Ebay's buyer protection over an unknown.  Good luck.  

Thanks for the reply. I'm not wanting to sell it. I love collecting vintage computers.  I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort and cost to get it going and if there are a lot of them out there.  I have 50 in the computer and the new ei to CPU cable will add to the cost. If the computer isn't worth 100, it doesn't make sense to do it.

Glad to be part of the forum!

Bill

• Like 1