IGNORED

Dealing with 255 limit

Serguei2

also don't define the score ouside of a routine with a value or it'll be permanant hardcoded and cannot be updated.

global variables defined outside any routine just define the type and assign a value before use .

int score;

later....

game_routine()

{

score=0;

}

score can have a max of 32767 . there are other types if you need a higher total.

Edited by digress

1 hour ago, digress said:

also don't define the score ouside of a routine with a value or it'll be permanant hardcoded and cannot be updated.

global variables defined outside any routine just define the type and assign a value before use .

int score;

later....

game_routine()

{

score=0;

}

score can have a max of 32767 . there are other types if you need a higher total.

Yeah. The other type is unsigned from 0-65535.

For my first game, I would use 5 digit, even if most games have 6 digit.

This community has great players with high scores, just take a look at the high score club.

I don't want to limit at 65535. Skillful players want to reach the highest score possible.

1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:

I don't want to limit at 65535. Skillful players want to reach the highest score possible.

If your game's scoring system doesn't offer anything below 100 points, you can add two static zeros after the score on the screen, and have a score that can go from 0 to 6553500 points.  :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

If your game's scoring system doesn't offer anything below 100 points, you can add two static zeros after the score on the screen, and have a score that can go from 0 to 6553500 points.  :)

that's what I did in Super Space Acer ;)