IGNORED

Commodore 1084s-d1 monitor and 130XE VBXE

joeatari

I would like to connect my 130XE VBXE NTSC to a Commodore 1084s-d1 NTSC monitor.  I have a female DB-9 connector installed on the 130XE.  I currently use a GBS8219 RGB to VGA scan converter, and that is working great, but it must have a different pinout than the Commodore monitor because I get a black screen on the Commodore monitor when using that cable.  

Does anyone have the pinout for this monitor?  In my searching I have only found PAL information so far.  If you have already done this and have insight I would love to get your input.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.  I have DB-9 on both ends, so I don't need the HDA 15 VGA.  I use the scan converter I mentioned for a VGA monitor, and that works just fine.

I have tried some DB-9 cables I had lying around, but I don't even know if any of them are monitor cables.  They are probably serial cables, and I'm just getting a black screen.  If I can find the pinout for the monitor, I can make an appropriate cable. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/10/2019 at 7:36 AM, joeatari said:

Yes, I had it set to analog RGB, but no luck.  I tested the composite RCA input, and the monitor does function, but unfortunately there must be something wrong with the RGB input.  Thanks!

Bumping an old thread but this might help someone else out.

Csync is pin 7 on the 1084S-P1 ( Philips ), not sure about the Daewoo model that uses the same DB9 connector, they're Amiga spec monitors so they should both be the same. 

It's well worth getting RGB to work. Check the orientation of your cables. The PINS are orientated opposite to each other between the male and female end..    easy mistake to make when making these cables up at 3am in the morning. I had the top row reversed on one of the opposite ends

Edited by shoestring