IGNORED

SOLD: SDRIVE for Atari 8-bit computers in case (800/XL/XE)

Fres

Hey guys.  I found this older SDRIVE sitting around.  I could not remember how to get it to do much, and it seems like the SD port may not be holding SD cards in properly.  I tried to hook it up to one of my 800XL computers, and the LEDs lit up, and there was some SIO noise, but little else.  I don't use it for loading ATR files anymore so I don't really want to mess with it any longer.

You might be able to fix it or get it working?  It may be in need of internal repairs.  It's a nice looking case with the SIO port on one end, the SD slot on the other, then the buttons and LEDs (as pictured), as well as some dip switches on the side.

Obviously, I know very little about these devices, or I would put more effort into this myself...

I'd like to get about $7 for the device and $7 for shipping in the US.  Thanks for looking.  I'd be happy to take pics of the inside too if you're curious.

20190808_114747.jpg

20190808_114843.jpg

20190808_114856.jpg

Edited by Fres
price reduced

Well, I'm not sure.  The SD slot does not hold the card in the way it's supposed to, but there may be other issues.  I have not gotten it to work, but I have not tried a lot yet, since you have to physically hold the card in to even test it.  I also don't remember which files to put on the drive, etc. and I have been finding little time to mess around with it lately so I though I would pass it along to someone else who might find it more interesting.

I would happily throw one in an SIO cable with this item, but the cables I have are also quite old and untested (sorry to be so lame).

Make me an offer if you think my original post was too high?  I'm sure I had quite a bit more than the asking price invested into this back when I originally obtained it, but I understand that a buyer might be taking on a bit of a project in this case.

Ok, looks like this device is not very interesting.  I understand.  I'm not much of a salesman.  I'd take $14 total for the device including shipping in the US.  I just don't want to throw it away, and I don't know where else to put it.

P.S. Free to orpheuswaking.

18 hours ago, Fres said:

Ok, looks like this device is not very interesting.  I understand.  I'm not much of a salesman.  I'd take $14 total for the device including shipping in the US.  I just don't want to throw it away, and I don't know where else to put it.

P.S. Free to orpheuswaking.

HA! I just now saw this. I have two of these