IGNORED

Incognito in production for a limited time. Get em' while they're hot!

Here's the link to Lotharek's website hawking a limited production of Incognito boards.:

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=275

The boards are going for about 90 bucks American and worth every cent.  I just bought two and it hurts to spend the money, but I gotta have em'.

Hope this doesn't step on the folks who are getting my 512k ram board, but since mine is practically free I figure you'll want em.

Best,

** TNM **

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

yep, this thread needs to be rolled into the other one, report yourself and have it moved/merged or deleted or just have you posting moved and the thread deleted..

You might want to put your ram board thread in your signature or something

Edited by _The Doctor__

5 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=276

Available with second-gen firmware pre-installed for those who prefer not to flash it after the fact.

Ordered mine with the option, thinking that‘s easier than sending a separate donation. Thanks for providing the improved firmware!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justin Payne said:

So, I saw back in 2017 that there was some talk about v2 but also reported that there is a memory glitch in this version. Anyone know what that glitch was and if it was fixed in this version?

No memory glitch that I'm aware of. Writes to CCTL ($D5xx) unfortunately pass straight through to the 'PBI RAM' in the same address space, however, even when the PBI device is deselected. This causes a few corner-case issues when using the HDD with some cartridges, but is not exactly a show-stopper. The hardware designer has said he MAY attempt to fix this for the forthcoming batch. I imagine he has almost zero spare time at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What about the building / install Jon?

I saw the pics in the FAQ which are pretty clear, is there more than that faq thing..From what I see there's nothing too complex unless you count cutting the case...

Its the one mod I've always wanted for the 800 I have.....Now to revue the finances....That will be painful!

• Like 1

Hopefully Lotharek will produce a new installation guide, although I'm sure someone (possibly Stephen) put together a really good pictorial guide a while ago. Just can't remember the link right now.

Maybe I'll get a few more 800s coming here for installations. I remember doing three or four 'back in the day'. :)

• Like 1

install instructions...

http://spiflash.org/node/21

the pictures may or may not come up if click and search about.... they my be on the wayback machine...

yeah that's word soup again...

ahem...

the pictures may or may not come up as you click and search about the pages.... they might be on the internet wayback machine...

Edited by _The Doctor__

44 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Hopefully Lotharek will produce a new installation guide, although I'm sure someone (possibly Stephen) put together a really good pictorial guide a while ago. Just can't remember the link right now.

Maybe I'll get a few more 800s coming here for installations. I remember doing three or four 'back in the day'. :)

Here (would be valid if HW design remains the same as v1, original release):

However, I am sure you will get plenty of work! ;-)

Enjoy!

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Excellent install pics guys..Thank you all...Its just the official guide is a bit 'brief'....

Have not had the heart to look at the bank balance :)

Last thing I brought was 2 silent night pillows (true) and I think if I raid the bank I may well be smothered by my wife with them :)

Such a soft way to go :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I hope both will eventually be on offer for a long time to come, the device interface on this one is more to my liking, the next iteration could have many cool things done with it... serial and parallel without device contention like a developer 800 just so many ideas...same for ethernet ideas... but that's not to say what's in the works. Candle would need to take a look at some of Curt's stuff, easily done with picture these days... and then implement it the same way or better. He managed to get multiple modes into this one I'm sure it would be possible to go from there. But that's all ether talk.... :)

It's pretty cool stuff, and it's great to have choices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I really hope the Incognito II doesn't suddenly show up after these get shipped. Any ETA on the II?

It's not like a #2 version will suddenly make the first obsolete or unwanted is it? Just like software version updates, you aren't required to update for fear of the one installed will stop working when the update is released... ;)

I remember people saying the same thing about the SiDE 2, and that they were afraid #3 would come out right after they got #2...so what?

It always cracks me up when people are worried about buying something because a newer version might come out, when the computer they are putting them in has been obsolete for decades. Newer upgrades and new devices don't make older ones obsolete anymore than the computer you are putting them in...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

This was the first thing I wondered about when I learned of the new Incognito run late last night. Yes: the original Incognito is wonderful; yes: the Incognito 2 is an unknown quantity and may not appear for a long time. But I would not necessarily be over the moon to purchase an Incognito 1 only for version 2 to appear three months later, especially if I had only one 800 to put it in. :) My supposition, though, is that if Incognito 2 were likely to appear any time soon, this run of original boards would simply not be happening. That's just my guess, anyway. It seems it's the only way to satisfy the current considerable demand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

My supposition, though, is that if Incognito 2 were likely to appear any time soon, this run of original boards would simply not be happening. That's just my guess, anyway. It seems it's the only way to satisfy the current considerable demand.

That was my guess as well, so that's why I pre-ordered one.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

install instructions...

http://spiflash.org/node/21

the pictures may or may not come up if click and search about.... they my be on the wayback machine...

yeah that's word soup again...

ahem...

the pictures may or may not come up as you click and search about the pages.... they might be on the internet wayback machine...

I just figured out, that I still have some pictures from when I installed my Incognito a few years ago. They are totally uncommented and take some time to load, but maybe they are helpful:

http://www.mac-emu.de/bilder/incognito

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1