IGNORED

Atari 400 parts available from Sears

adam1977

they have parts for other atari models as well... be advised as sears continues to sell off it's assets that they may cancel your order even if it is listed as in stock, as the liquidated warehouses of items may not have been removed from the system.

So order it and if you don't get a cancellation in 10 business days.. (about two weeks) you may just get what you ordered.

• Like 2

lol, I think you'll get the cancellation email in a number of days...   5 give or take years later.... still a fun game to play...

orpheuswaking, you need to send them a nasty letter about how they still haven't fixed their quantities!...  seriously though, their inventory system is beyond reality, it tries to keep warehouse and store/franchise et all quantities all in one basket... someone can mess up in a store in east bumblef*ck and it's nationwide. Let's not even consider their online sales system that seems to scrape what they call affiliates and acts as if sears sells it but really it's some guys shop in Montana.... :)

Edited by _The Doctor__

It could be they don't have the parts... Or it could be that they don't feel like moving big heavy crates and boxes to get to the parts. Or they can't find the parts but don't have the authority to remove them from the website so they cancel the order and hope no one complains since that's their job to fulfill the order.  Point is, they might have them in stock but won't fulfill.

Made an order as well. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I received this email today:

Dear Colleton,

Due to a change in the product availability, the item(s) for order W*****3 is(are) temporarily delayed.

As soon as we have the estimated ship date, we’ll provide it to you. You can track your order at any time online here.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your Sears PartsDirect Team

So much for the NOS 400 keyboard...  lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Colleton said:

I received this email today...

So much for the NOS 400 keyboard...  lol

I'm picturing a warehouse like what was seen at the end of the Indiana Jones movie, with some lone worker, flash light in hand, slowly moving down each aisle checking dusty box labels looking for your 400 keyboard. Don't lose the faith, it could still happen :) .

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It's kind of amazing they'd have this stuff listed at all.  I'd have thunk that Sears would have sent it to landfill or recycle oh so long ago!  At any rate I took a look but there's nothing I need.  I can't get Brad from BE to respond to any of my emails anymore...maybe he's going OOB, like Sears... ?

13 hours ago, mytek said:

I'm picturing a warehouse like what was seen at the end of the Indiana Jones movie, with some lone worker, flash light in hand, slowly moving down each aisle checking dusty box labels looking for your 400 keyboard. Don't lose the faith, it could still happen :) .

DavidMils-attic.jpg

...This is how I imagine Best Electronics too. :)

edit: and @DavidMil's attic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My theory is that if we all enter our storage and keep walking... eventually we will meet brad,david,bruce, et all in the center... it's all one big temporal rift. on the other hand, who has the iron filings?

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Nezgar said:

DavidMils-attic.jpg

...This is how I imagine Best Electronics too. :)

edit: and @DavidMil's attic.

If you cut the length down to about 20 feet (a hair over 6 meters) and narrow it down to one isle; yes, that's pretty much how my attic looks.

Except there are only a few crates.  Most of it is in cardboard boxes.

David

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/11/2019 at 12:30 AM, Sugarland said:

It could be they don't have the parts... Or it could be that they don't feel like moving big heavy crates and boxes to get to the parts. Or they can't find the parts but don't have the authority to remove them from the website so they cancel the order and hope no one complains since that's their job to fulfill the order.  Point is, they might have them in stock but won't fulfill.

Made an order as well. We'll see.

Sounds like Sears and Best Electronics merged?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...