IGNORED

Nes FL Has No Audio or Video

So a few years ago I got an nes from my stepdad after I bought him a retron. The problems started with the usual blinking light then escalated when it worked it would go for awhile then stop as the screen garbled up into colored numbers. soon after that started the nes would refuse to boot just the blinking light I ended up using it to fix up another nes for a friend. It's been a couple years now and I decided to try to fix it and turn it into a portable as the case and various other things are no longer with it. first I decided to build a simple video amplifying circuit (the rf module was removed long ago) but when I connected the 5v nothing happened. I then put in a game it had a solid red light. I tried to pull audio from the board and there was no audio. I spent the last week off and on trying to find out whats going on browsing forums watching videos reading articles and pinouts circuits ect. my initial conclusion was a dead ppu, but wouldn't the cpu still output audio? I have tried pulling video from pin 21 on the ppu and audio from ad1 and ad2 on the cpu absolutely nothing I even went as far as removing an rf module from my working nes and testing it on this one I tested traces they're fine I let it run for an hour and checked the temp on the cpu and ppu the ppu along with all the other chips weren't even slightly warm and the cpu was just barely warm around the address lines which I expect is normal I reflowed questionable solder joints I cleaned contacts I have no idea what could be wrong I know both cpu and ppu could die at once but wouldn't they be super hot and if only one was dead would it keep the other from working? and if both were dead why is the light solid perhaps the lockout controls that? I have three choices I found a cpu replacement $25 a working but hideous nes $30 and ppu and cpu $50 but I have no idea what to replace. what is broken does anyone have any ideas whats going on with this thing?