IGNORED

Bought a collection came with gamma-attack cartridge? What is it?

Wolfie9798

Gamma-Attack was a game developed many years ago by a hobbyist programmer from Ohio named Bob Esken Jr. and marketed by a company he created called Gammation.  He apparently sold a handful of copies via mail order but nobody really knew about the game until an original cartridge popped up in the wild about a decade ago.  Shortly after that discovery, the original programmer surfaced and sold a limited run of 100 modern reproduction cartridges signed by him.  The game has since been bootlegged by other individuals.

I'm not sure who produced this one you have.  The repros that the programmer initially sold have a different label and came with some additional documentation.  That also doesn't look like his signature on the back.  I believe there was also a run of cartridges done by the collector who found the original in the wild and I suspect yours is one of those.  I believe @Shawn made those cartridges.

gamma.jpg

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

I built the cartridges for Phantom. The signature is his (Antony Denardo). He sold them as he was the one with the original Gamma Attack. I just helped him get it dumped and built the carts for him.

How is Phantom these days?  Been a while since he was on here.

14 hours ago, Foxsolo2000 said:

How is Phantom these days?  Been a while since he was on here.

Talked to him twice a couple years ago after not hearing from him for a while. Have not heard a peep from him sense be it on the phone, email or forums. He fell on hard times for a bit but was doing better. Not long after that I didn't hear from him again. Shame too. Was a nice guy.

2 hours ago, high voltage said:

So anyone actually purchased this Joystick enhancer way back? Or both?

Are you asking if anyone at all purchased them or anyone here at AA?  My recollection is that the programmer claimed to have sold less than 200 of the FP-1 and less than 20 Gamma Attack cartridges.  He also supposedly developed a rapid fire circuit for ColecoVision controllers but I don't know if those were sold or how many.  I'm not aware of anyone here at AA claiming to have purchased anything from Gammation back in 1982-83, but I could be mistaken.

3 hours ago, Psionic said:

Are you asking if anyone at all purchased them or anyone here at AA?  My recollection is that the programmer claimed to have sold less than 200 of the FP-1 and less than 20 Gamma Attack cartridges.  He also supposedly developed a rapid fire circuit for ColecoVision controllers but I don't know if those were sold or how many.  I'm not aware of anyone here at AA claiming to have purchased anything from Gammation back in 1982-83, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks, so at least some of those FP-1 were sold.

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

Talked to him twice a couple years ago after not hearing from him for a while. Have not heard a peep from him sense be it on the phone, email or forums. He fell on hard times for a bit but was doing better. Not long after that I didn't hear from him again. Shame too. Was a nice guy.

He definitely was.  Thanks for the update.