IGNORED

Opportunity to provide a Loaner PAL Jaguar in exchange for games

VladR

Since I've postponed the pre-order phase of my first Jaguar game to 2020, I have an opportunity to release both NTSC and PAL at the same time. For that, I obviously need a PAL Jaguar (ideally one with a switch between PAL/NTSC) that I will be testing and debugging on.

The easiest option is to go to eBay and hit the Buy Now button. No problem with that as they run under $500, which is barely a chump change in a great scheme of things (how much I invested in this endeavor so far).

But, I figured, I could give this opportunity to the community as there's lots of people who have multiple working jags at home. This is an opportunity to get cart Number 2 for you. The very first cart - forever- is obviously reserved for walter_J64bit who provided an NTSC loaner Jaguar and to whom I will be eternally grateful for his patience so he won't have to pay for any of my games.

There's 2 ways you could swing this:

1. Temporary loaner - 8-12 months after which I ship the jag back to you. You would be compensated by getting [for free, incl.shipping] both the limited Pre-Order Edition (with bonus content, only available during the 60-day preorder campaign) and Standard Edition (which will be always available to order). That's around $200 value, but of course the pre-order edition will eventually go up in value. Nobody should feel taken advantage of as it's not gonna cost you anything, and if you're not using the PAL jag, it's a win-win.

2. Forever loaner - you donate the PAL jaguar to me and get bumped up to first class like walter_J64bit

Shipping (you'd print a shipping label paid by me) would be arranged via UPS/DHL (against signature) - whichever covers both of our towns.

If this sounds agreeable to you, please send me a PM.

This offer will expire [prior to my trip to PRGE] 60 days from now on 10-10 (October-10).

• Thanks 1

There isn't a need to use 220v. The internals of the jag are the same other than the bits that convert the RGB color down to NTSC or PAL. The 50/60hz switch should be all you need. Other developers can feel free to chime in if there is something I missed.

Mitch

12 minutes ago, walter_J64bit said:

Any luck with getting a PAL Jag?

Yes, I received one offer from a kind soul. We're figuring out the logistics now, as DHL charges $237 one-way across the pond for a 3-pound package. Both ways, it'd be around $500 :)

Funny thing is, for that kind of money, they won't even deliver against signature (the site just kept repeating - "signature unavailable") - just probably throw the package on the driveway at 3am, free for anybody to help themselves.

Hopefully we can get a regular post office to provide insurance and tracking around $100 each way, because we need to ensure package won't just "get lost" and they'll shrug it off.

• Like 1

$237 to send a package from the UK to the States?!?!?!?

No no no Vladr

You are doing something wrong.

It shouldn't be that expensive. Go through the local postal service in the U.K. they should still be able to provide tracking and insurance, THATS WAY TOO MUCH

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

2 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

Still don't think you need a dedicated PAL machine, but hey it's your money 

Maybe not. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'm going to ask people for money at some point. It would be pretty ridiculous to not be able to test on a dedicated PAL machine and only find out there are pal glitches or crashes once it ships.

Especially given that PAL machine is about 10% of my monthly burn rate.

3 hours ago, Lord Innit said:

Parcelforce would ship it for under £90  with up to £500 cover if it gets lost or damaged.  Even much cheaper (around £65) without tracking and longer delivery time but same cover.

Tracking is a necessity in u.s.

When I lived in Europe, every single international package had to be picked up from post office.

Here in u.s. they just throw it in front of the door of an apartment building or leave it in your driveway.

Anybody walking by is free to help themselves. Just ridiculous. 

At least P.O. box helps with that.

• Like 1

Only the cheaper £65 option  is without tracking.  Other Parcelforce options are tracked.

4 hours ago, VladR said:

Tracking is a necessity in u.s.

When I lived in Europe, every single international package had to be picked up from post office.

Here in u.s. they just throw it in front of the door of an apartment building or leave it in your driveway.

Anybody walking by is free to help themselves. Just ridiculous. 

At least P.O. box helps with that.