IGNORED

Intellivision Season 12 Begin date JANUARY 25TH

1 hour ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

what do you guys think of 1 game 1 week each, starting after new years?

The thing with that is that it sometimes takes a week to figure out how to play the game.. Im still in for one every two weeks. Its a long winter so even if its last until spring it wouldnt be bad... Hockey seasons last 10 months... ;)  Im still in for a Arcade Theme Season..  

• Like 1

I do like the idea of some homebrew / aftermarket games in there. I understand this will limit the people who can take part.

You could wait until we are half way through the season, that way you'll have an established player base for the season. Then poll the seasons participants as to what homebrew/aftermarket game could be added. That might be the fairest way.

We did have a homebrew game two seasons ago :)

I prefer one every two weeks as well. It's just a time thing, or lack of it. I only had time to submit one score for centipede due to a lack of time and I had two weeks to do that lol
I completely agree with this. I was so unreasonably excited about last season, and then I had a series of family issues crop up. The result... I didn't play a single game after the third or fourth week. That's adult life, of course. However, I know that if I only have a week for each game, then there will be plenty that I just don't get to play at all.

I imagine that for most of us, this is an opportunity to recapture a little bit of our childhood, and for me I love the feeling of being stuck with a game for a while, because that is the game I have right now. That's how it was for most of us. We got a game, and we had to play it, since it was the one and only new game that we were going to have for quite a while.

As for homebrews, I'm definitely interested, especially if we can play it on the LTO Flash. I keep dragging my feet on getting Anthropomorphic Force. Selecting that game for the High Score Club would be an excellent reason to get it. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

I completely agree with this. I was so unreasonably excited about last season, and then I had a series of family issues crop up. The result... I didn't play a single game after the third or fourth week. That's adult life, of course. However, I know that if I only have a week for each game, then there will be plenty that I just don't get to play at all.

I imagine that for most of us, this is an opportunity to recapture a little bit of our childhood, and for me I love the feeling of being stuck with a game for a while, because that is the game I have right now. That's how it was for most of us. We got a game, and we had to play it, since it was the one and only new game that we were going to have for quite a while.

As for homebrews, I'm definitely interested, especially if we can play it on the LTO Flash. I keep dragging my feet on getting Anthropomorphic Force. Selecting that game for the High Score Club would be an excellent reason to get it. emoji3.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's amazing the spare time I had as a kid to put into these games but as you say, I had to make do with what I had. Now I can get any game I want but have limited time to play them. Cruel irony lol.

AF is great, and would be so much fun in the HSC. Maybe it would help to boost sales for Homebrews /aftermarket games as well. Great to support our game producing community.

BTW, you should definitely get AF :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

I agree with one game/two weeks. I was in it right up to the last 2 games then I hit the dreaded retail Black Friday wall. That in itself cost me the last 2 weeks with all the extra hours I had to work. But I will say I enjoyed playing the games!! ?

You just need to change your avatar to an Intellivision logo and get rid of that Atari logo and we’ll accept you back in!  ?

• Haha 2

I think on the homebrew discussion , 

it’s not fair or right to play any game outside the 125 . Since that’s what the HSC was all about. 

Also , some homebrews don’t have rom sales. 

Its not right to force people to buy those games to play in the HSC.  

My Thoughts on  homebrews. 

Keep it simple so more people can join in HSC. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m-crew said:

I think on the homebrew discussion , 

it’s not fair or right to play any game outside the 125 . Since that’s what the HSC was all about. 

Also , some homebrews don’t have rom sales. 

Its not right to force people to buy those games to play in the HSC.  

My Thoughts on  homebrews. 

Keep it simple so more people can join in HSC. 

I completely agree.  No homebrews for HSC.

• Like 2

I didn't say it was the job of the HSC to boost sales, just that I thought that may be a benefit of playing those games.

I understand the argument for only playing the 125 for the HSC, I thought it might be nice to open up the game selection a bit. But I suppose where do your draw the line.

There are plenty of the original 125 to keep us busy for seasons to come.

Edited by Bamse
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bamse said:

I didn't say it was the job of the HSC to boost sales, just that I thought that may be a benefit of playing those games.

I understand the argument for only playing the 125 for the HSC, I thought it might be nice to open up the game selection a bit. But I suppose where do your draw the line.

There are plenty of the original 125 to keep us busy for seasons to come.

Sorry about that Bamse, didn't mean that statement to come out that harsh. I know you ALWAYS have good intentions. Sorry Brother..  I just dont think that endorsing a Homebrew/Scene is a good thing here for multiple reasons that I really don't want to bring up.. Like I mentioned already... :)  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Sorry about that Bamse, didn't mean that statement to come out that harsh. I know you ALWAYS have good intentions. Sorry Brother..  I just dont think that endorsing a Homebrew/Scene is a good thing here for multiple reasons that I really don't want to bring up.. Like I mentioned already... :)  

That's ok my friend, no offence taken. I'm big into Homebrews so sometimes, probably selfishly I only see things from my perspective.

I'm sure you have your reasons if not limited to the reasons you already gave and I know you only have the HSC's best interests at heart.

You've been doing this for years and then some upstart (me) plays a couple of seasons and starts saying how we could change things. I'm sure it must grind your gears lol.

It's all good brother, I want what's best for the HSC too and value all participants opinions, especially someone of your pedigree and standing here :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...