IGNORED

Intellivision Season 12 Begin date JANUARY 25TH

Date pending: I will start a Season 12 soon here.

Same scoring as Season 11,

+2 for first place, +2 for new records.

1st place = 11 points
2nd place = 10 points
3rd place = 9 points

-
4th place = 7 points
5th place = 6 points
6th place = 5 points
7th place = 4 points
8th place = 3 points
9th place = 2 points
10th place = 1 point

Any game suggestions for Season 12, post below in this thread.

Thanks.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 4

I'm fairly new to this site (and a massive Inty fan) and would love to participate, if possible.  Only problem is that I don't have 4 of the games on Jason's list...if that turns out to be the final list.  I have 60 carts, but missing several less common ones and also don't use an emulator.  Is it ok to participate on some of the games from time to time?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I'm fairly new to this site (and a massive Inty fan) and would love to participate, if possible.  Only problem is that I don't have 4 of the games on Jason's list...if that turns out to be the final list.  I have 60 carts, but missing several less common ones and also don't use an emulator.  Is it ok to participate on some of the games from time to time?

You can play as much or as little as you like. Welcome aboard :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Emulating on your computer is still an option, assuming you don't have a flash-cart.  All the games on Jason's list can be played with a modern controller.

Thank you. I have used emulators in the past for other systems, but I just don’t think I want to get into all of that with the Intellivision. I love playing on original hardware with the original controllers, and I think it would be too confusing for me otherwise. I am in the market for an LTO Flash though, but it looks like Joe is currently out of stock on his site and I never see them on eBay. One of these days I’ll get one!

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Thank you. I have used emulators in the past for other systems, but I just don’t think I want to get into all of that with the Intellivision. I love playing on original hardware with the original controllers, and I think it would be too confusing for me otherwise. I am in the market for an LTO Flash though, but it looks like Joe is currently out of stock on his site and I never see them on eBay. One of these days I’ll get one!

I used to have exactly the same opinion as you regarding emulation but they have come a long way and I have a flashback controller which I use with my laptop so it even feels the same.

like you also, I agree there is nothing like playing on the real thing and I have an LTO Flashcart. The single best thing I have bought foe my intellivision.

I believe Joe is planning another run of them so hopefully you'll get one soon :)

Using the original controller is the way to play these games.  And using an intellivision controller with your computer is also an option with a usb adapter.

Edit:

And there's no rules here with controllers.  Some have used third party controllers with their intellivisions.

Edited by mr_me

5 minutes ago, Bamse said:

I used to have exactly the same opinion as you regarding emulation but they have come a long way and I have a flashback controller which I use with my laptop so it even feels the same.

like you also, I agree there is nothing like playing on the real thing and I have an LTO Flashcart. The single best thing I have bought foe my intellivision.

I believe Joe is planning another run of them so hopefully you'll get one soon :)

Yeah, it’s still possible that one day I might try an emulator, if I feel ambitious enough. It does look like Joe is planning to release some more LTOs soon, so I’ll see how that goes first.  I really want to play all the amazing homebrews so badly, so I hope I don’t miss out!

Edited by IntyFanMatt

7 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Using the original controller is the way to play these games.  And using an intellivision controller with your computer is also an option with a usb adapter.

Edit:

And there's no rules here with controllers.  Some have used third party controllers with their intellivisions.

It’s certainly a possibility for me if I can’t secure an LTO Flash!  We’ll see what happens. I really appreciate everyone’s suggestions.  

• Like 1

Great!

here's my picks:

Adventures of Tron

Congo Bongo

Defender

Dragonfire

Pinball

Skiing

Stampede

Super Cobra

Turbo

Homebrews (any - maybe a few during the season)

Unusual picks:

Baseball

Body Slam

Chess

to second some of Jason's picks:

Beamrider

Dig Dug

Shark! Shark!

Worm Whomper

Diner

Shark! Shark! and Worm Whomper are two of my favorites x) 

I'm up to 90 games now, unfortunately no flash-cart, I can't afford those!  But looking forward to hopefully playing most of these on the ole' INTY!  I got a cheap Intellivision II at PRGE a few years back, so it's gonna be time to give that a try too...

Rock on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.BAZ said:

Unusual picks:

Baseball

Body Slam

Chess

I like it; checkmate in the fewest moves. World Championship Baseball largest margin of victory.  Don't know much about Body Slam.  For really unusual how about League of Light?

I hope games such as Space Battle, Sub Hunt, AD&D, PGA Golf, Auto Racing, Skiing, Snafu, and Spiker get considered.  And it's probably time Dreadnaught Factor gets its turn.

Edited by mr_me

Dreadnaught is a great game however people playing on Pal hardware would be able to join in on that games. They could play it in emulation though

20 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

You can play as much or as little as you like. Welcome aboard :)

Edited by Bamse

A pal hack for dreadnaught factor has been around a while.  Last year they distributed cartridges.  Pal/secam intellivisions shouldn't compete against ntsc intellivisions anyway since they run most cartridges at a lower speed.

If you emulate dreadnaught factor it can be played with any controller.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Most games run around 18 percent alower on Pal due to it being 50 hertz. Some actually run faster such as Old School. In reality, I think the speed difference is negligible. I play a lot in both emulation and on Pal hardware and I can't tell the difference. If I ran them side by side I might but individually no. For instance, I'm not too shabby at Lock n chase, a game that is all about timing. I'm not effected by changing from playing disc speed on my laptop or on the real hardware but changing the difficulty level of the game, does mess up my timing until I adjust to it.