IGNORED

Intellivision Season 12 Begin date JANUARY 25TH

On 8/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Agreed, it is a good game.  I would welcome that one too, but prefer Dreadnaught.  ?

I have a question, does emulation support the Intellivoice well?

Basically... can players without a game or voice module play with emulation?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

1 minute ago, Bamse said:

It was a homebrew game of a release that was originally planned for the Intellivision but was never finished.

Here's a link to the homebrew.

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/tron/tron.php

oh okay i see.

thats weird they didnt release it... but did the maze tron which is more complicated.

Mattel made it for the Vcs under the M Network banner. It was meant to be Maze a Tron but didn't resemble it at all in the end so they changed its name. They later decides to release it on the Intellivision but the crash happened before they got the chance.

Edited by Bamse

5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yes that is weird...lol.  Not saying you're weird, just can't stand that game.

It's fine, you can say I'm weird. To be fair we are a bunch of people that spend our time playing a 40 year old console. We are all a bit weird lol.

List of games I like that are unpopular are as follows :

Fathom, Turbo, Zaxxon, Space Hawk, Maze a Tron and Vectron :D

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bamse said:

It's fine, you can say I'm weird. To be fair we are a bunch of people that spend our time playing a 40 year old console. We are all a bit weird lol.

LOL...I think we are all lost in the nostalgia of our childhood.  Intellivision was my first system as a kid, have always loved it.  Weird?  Maybe, lol.

Not sure why Jacob chose Vectron as game 3, don't think he'll get much participation on that one, but it sounds like you will be playing it.  Are there any games that you are bad at?  LOL.

Out of those 5 you listed, I only have Maze a Tron and Space Hawk.  I do like Space Hawk, I think it's not as bad as everyone says, although it doesn't have much variety to the gameplay.  I hope we play Dreadnaught Factor and Thunder Castle in this season, those are 2 of my favs.  Would also love TDD, but it looks like that was recently played last season.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

Intellivision was my first console too and will always be my favourite. Nostalgia, absolutely. As I get older I need the things around me that remind me of when I was young I find.

I'm not great at Vectron but I can get a fairly good score. I'm much better at Maze a Tron however ;)

I think  you'll have me beat on Dreadnaught and Thunder Castle. Neither were available in the UK when I was a kid so they are very new to me.

57 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Mattel made it for the Vcs under the M Network banner. It was meant to be Maze a Tron but didn't resemble it at all in the end so they changed its name. They later decides to release it on the Intellivision but the crash happened before they got the chance.

Ah... that makes complete sense.

5 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Intellivision was my first console too and will always be my favourite. Nostalgia, absolutely. As I get older I need the things around me that remind me of when I was young I find.

I'm not great at Vectron but I can get a fairly good score. I'm much better at Maze a Tron however ;)

I think  you'll have me beat on Dreadnaught and Thunder Castle. Neither were available in the UK when I was a kid so they are very new to me.

LOL, I agree with you...I need things around me too to feel younger.  At least my son likes to play Intellivision games with me, that helps!

Well, we will see what Jacob chooses.  Been fun playing with ya so far, even though you've kicked my ass!  ?

31 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

LOL, I agree with you...I need things around me too to feel younger.  At least my son likes to play Intellivision games with me, that helps!

Well, we will see what Jacob chooses.  Been fun playing with ya so far, even though you've kicked my ass!  ?

The first intellivision game that sparked my sons interest was Maze a Tron as it goes. Only for a few seconds but it's progress lol.

Yes, it has been fun competing with you and the other players. It always is in the HSC. :)

13 minutes ago, Bamse said:

The first intellivision game that sparked my sons interest was Maze a Tron as it goes. Only for a few seconds but it's progress lol.

Yes, it has been fun competing with you and the other players. It always is in the HSC. :)

Ouch, rough game to introduce him to, LOL.  I mean that jokingly.  ?

My son and I play a lot of Baseball, Snafu, Utopia, Bi-Planes (Triple Action), and Sea Battle.  Such great multi-player games and I would recommend them to anyone with kids.  They are still amazing, especially for their time.

Let the fun continue here in the HSC!  See you for game 4, as long as I have the game, lol.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

On 9/4/2019 at 9:21 AM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

I have a question, does emulation support the Intellivoice well?

Basically... can players without a game or voice module play with emulation?

MAME and Jzintv emulate the intellivoice really well.  There were some old emulators that depended on speech sample files rather than emulation.  IntellivisionLives nintendo DS edition has the intellivoice emulation screwed up.  The intellivision flashback has B17, Space Spartans, and Bomb Squad.

3 hours ago, Bamse said:

According to intellivisionlives, APh converted it back to Intellivision without Mattel's knowledge, but it wasn't released because of the poor performance of the movie.   https://web.archive.org/web/20181117202249/http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/1983b.html#tron

I always thought it wasn't released because it wasn't very good.  Is the game any good?

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bamse said:

Never really liked or played much of any of these.. I always try them but toss them on the shelf after a game or two....   please please we already have one of these no more... for my sanity... lmao !!!!

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, ClassicGMR said:

Space Spartans is a great game! :) I like all the voice games.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Agreed, it is a good game.  I would welcome that one too, but prefer Dreadnaught.  ?

I would prefer we pass on any of the voice games , but Dradnaught  yes.....

• Like 1