IGNORED

Intellivision Season 12 Begin date JANUARY 25TH

7 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I haven't played much White Water, but I'd definitely vote DKJr and Beamrider.  Pinball could be fun too.

I think that's the case for a lot of people regarding White Water. I think it's great but most people I talk to haven't played it much.

I think that's the case for a lot of people regarding White Water. I think it's great but most people I talk to haven't played it much.
I would also say that, at least for me, one of the best things about the High Score Club is that it encourages me to get out games that I am unfamiliar with and really seriously play them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

20 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I haven't played much White Water, but I'd definitely vote DKJr and Beamrider.  Pinball could be fun too.

12 hours ago, Bamse said:

I prefer not to even get that game off my shelf.  lol

3 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I prefer not to even get that game off my shelf.  lol

Really? I must admit that would have surprised me a couple of years ago but when it comes to White Water, now I see I'm in them minority. I wonder if it's just because I played it so much as a kid.

3 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Really? I must admit that would have surprised me a couple of years ago but when it comes to White Water, now I see I'm in them minority. I wonder if it's just because I played it so much as a kid.

I  think we did play it one HSC season, I need to do a search Im old and dont remember things well anymore. I think that's like most of us, when we were kids you have limited games and you play what you have and learn to enjoy them.. ;) Well at least we me that's how it was. lol

2 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I  think we did play it one HSC season, I need to do a search Im old and dont remember things well anymore. I think that's like most of us, when we were kids you have limited games and you play what you have and learn to enjoy them.. ;) Well at least we me that's how it was. lol

Yeah, definitely. Some times the reality of what we remember bears little resemblance to the what it was baxk then. Saying that, I played quite a bit of White Water recently and still love it :)To

each his own I suppose. It would be boring if we all had the same favourites

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bamse said:

Yeah, definitely. Some times the reality of what we remember bears little resemblance to the what it was baxk then. Saying that, I played quite a bit of White Water recently and still love it :)To

each his own I suppose. It would be boring if we all had the same favourites

yup, that would limit peoples imagination in developing new games that for sure..  We all have our go to games !!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, mr_me said:

Using the original controller is the way to play these games.  And using an intellivision controller with your computer is also an option with a usb adapter.

Edit:

And there's no rules here with controllers.  Some have used third party controllers with their intellivisions.

@mr_me Where can we buy a USB adapter for the Intv controllers (to use with laptop)?

25 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

@mr_me Where can we buy a USB adapter for the Intv controllers (to use with laptop)?

Your modified flashback will have one inside the case.

Here's two USB adapters that support intellivision flashback controllers.

http://www.2600-daptor.com/

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/

I have the Retronic USB but I think the 2600-dapter is more popular.  The one that will be inside your modified flashback is based on the 2600-dapter.

edit:

Also keep in mind that in emulation, some Intellivision games would play perfectly fine with any usb game controller that you are comfortable with.  e.g. locknchase, burgertime, snafu, skiing, space armada, astrosmash, demon attack.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, mr_me said:

Your modified flashback will have one inside the case.

Here's two USB adapters that support intellivision flashback controllers.

http://www.2600-daptor.com/

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/

I have the Retronic USB but I think the 2600-dapter is more popular.  The one that will be inside your modified flashback is based on the 2600-dapter.

edit:

Also keep in mind that in emulation, some Intellivision games would play perfectly fine with any usb game controller that you are comfortable with.  e.g. locknchase, burgertime, snafu, skiing, space armada, astrosmash, demon attack.

+1 for the 2600-daptor, autodetect works great, no lag, fast shipping, etc, etc.