IGNORED

New SDrive-MAX cases

Mr Robot

Finally finished enough to release to the world.

https://atari8bit.net/sdrive-max-cases/

Each one of these cases takes about $5 of PLA and 10 hours of print time so I am producing a limited number of these cases (max 20 of each), that I will sell for $15 each (+P&P). If you would like one, send me a DM. As a thank you for supporting the original artist, cases ordered from me will have a signed, numbered back panel.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... STL files are on the webpage.

1050h.thumb.jpeg.485cb2ee745d4c1bae34f91e7c1cda19.jpeg1010h.thumb.jpeg.e72c2a7b43414ae533200e4d06be4f9c.jpeg810h.thumb.jpeg.6ea6d4a8d375d3b16d00a16258fc615d.jpeg551h.thumb.jpeg.c9bd9d2d432ea0fe04b8a9de74c6b4d7.jpeg

Edited by Mr Robot
EDIT: Forgot to mention... STL files are on the webpage.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Steve,

These are AWESOME!  Thank you for releasing the .stl files. I know how much work you have put into these and you nailed the state of designing on the head. Tinkercad is so awesome, but has its limits. Everything else I tried is like WAY overkill. If Tinkercad would just offer a "router" tool where you can route the edges of a shape (one side at a time, rather than where certain shapes can do that for all sides together) it would really solve the biggest problem I have experienced with designing things.

Would you be willing to share what filament you are using for each color?

Note: If you do, I will make a donation to your site for the cost of the first roll of filament I buy so you can also buy another roll. (Alsol if you don't, then I'll just have to guess about how much you are paying for filament and donate that amount instead.) ;)

Thank you again!

-Todd

• Like 2

It's no secret! It's just filament.

I'm using 

Filacube Engineering Gray

3D Solutech Chocolate Brown

3D Solutech Silver Metal 

3D Solutech Beige 

EDIT: You should look at the new version of Blender, it looks like it has been made much easier to use. It's what I'll play with next. 

Well crap, looks like I have a problem too!

FilaCube's Ivory White looks like it might be close enough, as does the eSUN Bone White but some of the user photos of that look very white.

3D Solutech don't even list beige on their website any more, I've sent them an email to see if they even still make it.

1 hour ago, toddtmw said:

If Tinkercad would just offer a "router" tool where you can route the edges of a shape (one side at a time, rather than where certain shapes can do that for all sides together)

You need to watch a good tutorial on workplanes

32 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

You need to watch a good tutorial on workplanes

I have. I'm a boss at beveling or rounding straight edges. (even though it is somewhat tedious.)

But, if my shape is curved like, perhaps the bottom of a rocking chair, I do not know how to bevel that curved edge.

If you've found a tutorial for that, I'd love to see it.

Thank you.

I have ordered another reel of filament, not the solutech beige that looks to be an even better match (fingers crossed)

Anybody got a good walnut brown pla source? the one I'm using is as dark as I could find but its still too light.

That looks very red. Some of the customer shots look pretty good though.

Maybe someone should contact one of these pla makers and suggest a range of colours for Retro fans, couple of shades of beige, couple of shades of grey, a silver, really dark brown, nearly black you could probably cover most retro stuff in maybe 6-8 colours

Sorry, I was on my phone and linked the wrong one. This is the one I meant. I am printing a faceplate now, will print pictures when it is done.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5M352Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want custom filament colors, maybe consider 3-d printing your own filament? I haven't tried this, my printer isn't really big enough to make it worthwhile...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3565827

They all have stylus slots, yes. 

Here is a pic of the 1050, sorry for the inconsistent lighting.

There is no cable because that SDM has a broken screen. I'm still waiting for a replacement and a batch of SIO2UNO boards from OSHpark but you can see where it comes out of the SDM.

1050splat.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1