IGNORED

New SDrive-MAX cases

Mr Robot

1 hour ago, tajvdz said:

well what I want is use the XL case with penholder and add the text upside down because I want the sio cable on the other side. I also want to close the hole that is now on the case for the cable. Gavin's design also has something for the sio switch. I would prefer that on the opposite side of the penholder.

How about this?

1625179657_ScreenShot2020-01-09at5_51_54PM.thumb.png.5f00fe5f650710337c500a2d87fa130a.png

Tajvdz SDrive Max Case.stl

5 hours ago, toddtmw said:

I cleaned up the lines around the crops.

1365520355_ScreenShot2020-01-09at5_57_16PM.thumb.png.d9320e5c7cb7b3bdf3702f077f8aff88.png

Tajvdz SDrive Max Case v.2.stl 116.98 kB · 3 downloads

Oh yes I think this is almost it. I'm only thinking about moving the position for the switch to the long side instead of the front (if that fits) and putting the hole (5 mm) for the sio cable a bit more higher in the middle off the space or just leave it behind. I have to see where it fits the best so it is just between the pcb's and I can make a hole after printing. On another case I made the hole next to the usb connector. I edited the picture to show what i meant. I'm only wondering how a switch can be mounted like this. There are no holes for small screws. But this is also how Gavin did it, so maybe I'll ask him. Another thing, besides this there also has to be made a little modification to the bottom plate or not? Because the hole isn't there anymore. In my picture you also see that the hole for the sio cable is in the middle so no need to adjust the bottom plate there. This design is in one color. It depends on the used printer if the letters (also the E and S next to the swiitch) can be in another color like black?

1402291767_ScreenShot2020-01-09at5_57_16PM.png.3dbdaf3ba0f2aed767ad080cb31b830b-n.png

Edited by tajvdz

18 hours ago, tajvdz said:

Oh yes I think this is almost it. I'm only thinking about moving the position for the switch to the long side instead of the front (if that fits) and putting the hole (5 mm) for the sio cable a bit more higher in the middle off the space or just leave it behind. I have to see where it fits the best so it is just between the pcb's and I can make a hole after printing. On another case I made the hole next to the usb connector. I edited the picture to show what i meant. I'm only wondering how a switch can be mounted like this. There are no holes for small screws. But this is also how Gavin did it, so maybe I'll ask him. Another thing, besides this there also has to be made a little modification to the bottom plate or not? Because the hole isn't there anymore. In my picture you also see that the hole for the sio cable is in the middle so no need to adjust the bottom plate there. This design is in one color. It depends on the used printer if the letters (also the E and S next to the swiitch) can be in another color like black?

1402291767_ScreenShot2020-01-09at5_57_16PM.png.3dbdaf3ba0f2aed767ad080cb31b830b-n.png

513395712_ScreenShot2020-01-10at6_27_27PM.thumb.png.7140204554c717916545adaf54bbb4f7.png

Tajvdz SDrive Max Case v.3.stl

EDIT: Added the back STL file without the tab

Tajvdz SDRive Max Case Back.stl

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

That's beautiful. Can you put a Fuji symbol on it?

I feel like that photoshop guy that "fixes"pictures for people. (https://twitter.com/fjamie013?lang=en)

Here ya go:

1484830448_ScreenShot2020-01-10at6_30_01PM.thumb.png.541bb751aafc3738f8fb1e2e5ba40ff6.png

In seriousness though, where would you want the Atari Logo?

Also, I take no credit for this. These are LITERALLY 5-minute tweaks to a design that, I'm sure, took hours, if not days to create.

If you want to tweak it too, the Tinkercad model is here:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/4LDNU6mPgEg

Kyle22 SDrive Max Case.stl

• Haha 4

Thank you very much! I will try to have it printed but I don't know what is better. To add the hole for the sio cable to the design or make a hole afterwards. I also don't know how a switch can be connected without screwholes. Anyone has the case from Gavin with the switch?

1 minute ago, tajvdz said:

Thank you very much! I will try to have it printed but I don't know what is better. To add the hole for the sio cable to the design or make a hole afterwards. I also don't know how a switch can be connected without screwholes. Anyone has the case from Gavin with the switch?

This is why I posted my last disclaimer. For the switch, you could hot glue it in place. But, without actually printing it and then trying to fit the arduino and screen in there, you cannot be sure there will be room for the switch. Same with the SIO hole, that location may not work depending on where the other arduino and screen components are.

These are 5-minute tweaks, not proven solutions.

2 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Sorry, one other thing. I have not printed any of these and made sure they work. If you decide to pay someone to print it, know that it may not work and you will have to have it tweaked and printed again.

I know. But all except the hole for the sio cable is on other cases that are on the website everything about sdrive max. So I think that gives no problem.

6 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

ok, Thank you. Is it too much to ask if you also make one without the switch? And finally the one with the switch on the front (v2) without hole for the cable? I think I have enough choices for the case I will use. Since I don't have a 3d printer myself I will go for a design that works for sure...

Edited by tajvdz

2 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

Fantastic, you're the best! I will keep you all posted about the design I pick for printing. 

I have a sdrive max in XL case already but I will go for this version:

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/product/sdrive-max-bare-bones

Or I will modify my Arduino with the sio pcb only and add the switch and leds.

there is also a possibility to print the case there. I'm not sure if I'll do that or look for an address in the neighbourhood.

4 hours ago, toddtmw said:

I feel like that photoshop guy that "fixes"pictures for people. (https://twitter.com/fjamie013?lang=en)

Here ya go:

1484830448_ScreenShot2020-01-10at6_30_01PM.thumb.png.541bb751aafc3738f8fb1e2e5ba40ff6.png

In seriousness though, where would you want the Atari Logo?

Also, I take no credit for this. These are LITERALLY 5-minute tweaks to a design that, I'm sure, took hours, if not days to create.

If you want to tweak it too, the Tinkercad model is here:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/4LDNU6mPgEg

Kyle22 SDrive Max Case.stl 359.75 kB · 2 downloads

Anywhere it will look good and not block the screen.

:)

12 hours ago, toddtmw said:

I'll try printing it now let people know if it good

That way if people want this style then at least then we will know it works and fits the SDrive-Max.

First print I've gone with

0.2mm layers gone with this as it faster and it only a test if it works I'll do 0.1mm next

Supports

Just under 4 hours to print.

Edited by gooner4life7

11 hours ago, tajvdz said:

Fantastic, you're the best! I will keep you all posted about the design I pick for printing. 

I have a sdrive max in XL case already but I will go for this version:

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/product/sdrive-max-bare-bones

Or I will modify my Arduino with the sio pcb only and add the switch and leds.

there is also a possibility to print the case there. I'm not sure if I'll do that or look for an address in the neighbourhood.

If you already have one why not add the leds your self.

http://devzine.pl/sdrive-max-leds-breadboard/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gooner4life7 said:

Printed and fits fine would reprint as I like thin layers.

Added leds to show how easy it is also.

which one did you print? I didn't know it was possible to add leds to this sio pcb. You also have the switch mounted on the case?

Edited by tajvdz

On 1/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, gooner4life7 said:

If you already have one why not add the leds your self.

http://devzine.pl/sdrive-max-leds-breadboard/

looks like I also have the V4 sio pcb.. but i'm not sure. I think it is better for me to have it done. I'm not a technician myself.

where di you leave the switch?

Edited by tajvdz