IGNORED

New SDrive-MAX cases

Mr Robot

6 minutes ago, mytek said:

No Sdrive-max over here. It's a really nice product, but with IDE/CF capability in all my 'new' systems I really don't have a need at this time.

I agree most of the time, but there are still a few titles that don't like the SIDE loader without cracks of possibly questionable quality (I've been over this with Jon in other threads - some of the EA and Lucasarts titles seem to use custom SIO routines). When I get the urge, it's awful nice to load up the copy-protected ATX files made from original disks without crack screens or other possible problems. :) Plus, it sure is fun to have a way to add quick and fast mass storage to a stock Atari without needing to move one of my 1050's around. 

12 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I agree most of the time, but there are still a few titles that don't like the SIDE loader without cracks of possibly questionable quality (I've been over this with Jon in other threads - some of the EA and Lucasarts titles seem to use custom SIO routines). When I get the urge, it's awful nice to load up the copy-protected ATX files made from original disks without crack screens or other possible problems. :) Plus, it sure is fun to have a way to add quick and fast mass storage to a stock Atari without needing to move one of my 1050's around. 

You won't get any disagreement from me, and I'm sure I'll eventually get around to making up an SDrive-Max for my own use. But with what I've already got for disk loading, which works darn well, and my present needs and interests I'll likely hold off for a while longer. Besides I don't think I need the extra distraction if I'm ever going to complete what's left of the planned XLD add-on enhancements.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Plus, it sure is fun to have a way to add quick and fast mass storage to a stock Atari without needing to move one of my 1050's around. 

My poor old 1050 gets almost no love these days. So sad too because it served me loyally for 30 years, only to be cast aside by a younger sexier model in my middle age.  :(

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 11:57 PM, DrVenkman said:

I just received this delightful little case from @Mr Robot today. What a wonderful design! :) 

60D0FDA9-BD84-4509-8307-63E049774DD8.jpeg

42A89C1B-0E9D-4E6A-A3AE-82C755B4FEA5.jpeg

These are 2 different cases or not? I prefer the design on top. Personally I'm not that fond of designs that look like 1010, 1050 because they are in smaller size. Is there a digital file of the design on top?

I have an XL case myself. In the picture you see how it looks originally. I moved the SIO cable to the other side. That is more logical to me so that the other connections are also on the backside. I also want to put the power selection switch on the ouitside, I think on one of the sides. Is it also possible to bring the leds to outside of the case? I'm not into digital printing at all, but because of moving the cable to the other side of the case there is a small hole in the case. Is it possible to change the digital file and print it again? After I finished the modification I will post an updated picture.

s-l1600.jpg

20 minutes ago, tajvdz said:

These are 2 different cases or not? I prefer the design on top. Personally I'm not that fond of designs that look like 1010, 1050 because they are in smaller size. Is there a digital file of the design on top?

No, that’s the same case - top view and front view.

This thread popping back up to the top has caused a few PM's so just to let everyone know I printed a limited number of these cases (max 20 per case) and they all sold so I have no more of them for sale.

The STL files are available for free from my website (see the links in my sig).

If you can't print your own there are people who will sell you an SDrive-MAX in one of my cases on ebay and @Gavin1968 has a modified version for sale.

4 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

I think he means he doesn't like a drive replica because its smaller than the real drive. Scale models are not his thing I guess!

yes that is what I mean! I have the XL design myself that is also on the pictures bove.

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the digital file for 3d printing? I moved the cable to the other side so the hole is useless for me. What I like about the drive replicas is that some of them have the leds on the outside. why doesn't the XL cases have that? I would also prefer the switch on the outsie of the case. Is it hard to make myself? I don't think my print board was designed for that.

Edited by tajvdz

58 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

If you go here https://atari8bit.net/everything-sdrive-max/ you can get all the publicly available cases. You can edit them in something like tinkercad

If you want leds and stuff, it's pretty easy to poke a hole or fill a hole up if you no longer need it.

ok, that is for the case, but how to add leds to the print board? Mine has 2 leds directly on the print.