IGNORED

My Mini TI System Is Complete

Omega-TI

I was thinking about a UPS.  BTW, those 600M1 units have a pretty good run-time at half-load even with a battery half the size of the older comparable units (a 7Ah RBC1 or 9Ah RBC17.)

Install the PowerChute software on your computer, hook up the USB data cable, and you can see the draw of connect equipment and the estimated run-time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Okay, last post, but I just realized you do not have one to play with, yet.  Here is the run-time graph for the 600M1.  I believe you can expect an hour or more of run-time.

https://www.apc.com/products/runtimegraph/runtime_graph.cfm?base_sku=BE600M1&chartSize=large

After getting your chart, I put my Kill-A-Watt on it and it takes 25.2 watts so that'll give me just under an hour and a half.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

After getting your chart, I put my Kill-A-Watt on it and it takes 25.2 watts so that'll give me just under an hour and a half.   

Not terrible, and those 600VA units are more portable than any of the older units or any of the larger capacity 1200s or 1500s.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jmazzy said:

Looks sharp!  Kudos.

? Thanks It was a little something and inexpensive to do while waiting for what will probably be the best and most important item for the TI-World in 2020.

I'm afraid InsaneMultitasker is right though, it's nearly impossible to get through the level 3 tunnel in Parsec using that screen. ?

On 8/14/2019 at 9:28 AM, OLD CS1 said:

What sized screen?  The Eyoyo I use is about 5 inches, very clear, multitude of inputs, and (best of all) USB-powered.

It's small, only 3.5" in size.  It was Rasmus that originally brought it to my attention in << THIS POST >>. 

That seller no longer has it up for sale, but another guy has << ONE JUST LIKE IT >>.

If I could do it over again, I'd probably would have gone << THIS ROUTE >>.

s-l1600.jpg

When it comes to USB power, I'm hoping the new internal PCB for the external Mean Well power supply has a provision for a USB power tap.  This would give us TI'ers extra functionality for new things as they come out... and some gadgets that are already here.  

On 8/14/2019 at 8:12 AM, --- Ω --- said:

? Thanks It was a little something and inexpensive to do while waiting for what will probably be the best and most important item for the TI-World in 2020.

I'm afraid InsaneMultitasker is right though, it's nearly impossible to get through the level 3 tunnel in Parsec using that screen. ?

We use a 10” LCD for VAST meetings. I have a 7” screen which seems barely adequate. Nice project! I’m thinking about cutting into one of my beige models with the ole Dremel. TI had it right originally with the internal speaker. Maybe a headphone jack too! I’m going to rig one of these with the speaker inside. Thanks for the inspiration!

Needs 32K and FlashGROM.

How about a battery pack somehow? Something from a laptop?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Airshack said:

Needs 32K and FlashGROM.

How about a battery pack somehow? Something from a laptop?

The sidecar TIPI would work just fine for portable use (with the battery pictured below).  Since it also has a USB port, a guy could run the RPi off of that.

When it's not used for TI portable use, you can task it for other things in the home, like under the headboard of your bed for lights, clock and cell phone charging, etc.  In Washington with tax and shipping it comes to $76.04 from Amazon.com

817Z5KQfqXL._SL1500_.jpg

Once you get your beige model all tricked out, post a picture! 

• Like 1